Chapter 57

Hinami's POV
Taiga walked out, her eyes red and puffy, her hands covered in blood. "Are you okay?" Hide asked standing up.
She tried to force a smile, but it didn't work She just burst into tears. Hide then decided it would be a good idea to hug her. "Hey hey hey what's up?" He asked.
"Kaito" She said sobbing. I looked at Kaneki and he shook his head sadly.
"Where is he" I said standing up.
"He's dead" She said crying.
"Wait what?" Kaneki asked standing up.
"He was killed by Akio earlier" Touka said quietly.
"We won't need to worry about him any more" She said looking down.
"Why? What happened" hide asked.
"I pulled his head off." She said looking up. "Without thinking. I just pulled it off."
"What the fuck?" Kaneki asked confused. "You just pulled it off?"
"Yep. He...he killed Kaito. he deserved as good as he got"
"No. Please no" Hide said backing away from me.
She stopped crying and looked up. A creepy smile worked it's way up her face. "He's only human. He was bound to die a pathetic death just like you will" She said pointing at Hide. "You wouldn't have if you would have looked out for me. But hey ho. Times change and so do people. just like you Hinami. Supposed to be family and you were quick to jump off that cart weren't you." She began laughing. "Ah. Family really doesn't mean shit to you does it? Letting your own mother die without interception? You just....stood there and watched." Tears made their way to my eyes.
"Taiga" Ayato said grabbing her arm.
"On your no better. You tried to kill everybody in This fucking room! Including your sister? the only person I can count on is Touka."
"You just said it yourself, you can count on me...now as your friend I really think you should go to bed and sleep this off" she said gently.
"You think sleeping it off will bring him back?! He was killed in front of me and even despite my best efforts he still died!" She shouted crying. "And everyone I counted on let me down" She began crying heavily. "First my sister now the love of my life" she sat on the ground crying loudly. "Right before he died we discussed marriage and children. And he just got ripped away from me"
"You what" Kaneki asked sounding jealous.
"Go fuck yourself Kaneki."
"Taiga!" Touka shouted. "Sleep it off"
"You look after Hinami. Please" She said looking at Touka.
"Taiga?! What are you gonna do?" I asked sounding upset. I've pushed her over the edge.
"That doesn't matter anymore. Just stay with Touka. I'll say hi to your mum for you" She went to walk off but Kaneki grabbed her arm.
"Don't do anything stupid"
She pulled his hand away from her. "You don't have the right to touch me." She ripped the necklace Kaneki gave her off and put it in his hand. "Give it to Hinami. Match it with the other one." She stormed out of the apartment. I stood up and ran to the door but Touka grabbed me.
"Ayato go" she muttered. He nodded and chased after her.
"I was too harsh on her" I said sadly.
"We all were" Kaneki said putting his hand on my shoulder.

We waited a few hours until Ayato came back and when he did, he was covered in blood, Taigas blood. I could smell it.
"No" I said dropping to my knees.
"She saw a ghoul, in the same place your mother was killed, getting roughed about. Just a young girl...like yourself so she jumped in and saved them. I got there just as she was dying. I tried to save her but it was too late"
"No please no" I said crying. "She can't die with me treating her like that."
I looked at Kaneki, he stood there in shock. He shook his head and stormed off.
"I'll go" hide said chasing after him.
"She's dead. She's dead and she thinks I hate her" I said sobbing.
"Hinami she knows you love her" Touka said hugging me.
"Tell me exactly what happened" I said looking up at Ayato.
"Well, I chased after her, shouting her name but I then heard shouting, a cry for help so I ran to it. The investigators were there, tormenting a young girl and that's when Taiga swung in. She had a mask on but they saw her Kagune and obviously wanted it. They struck her down and she was lay in a pool of her own blood. There was nothing I could've done without getting myself killed too. I waited until they were finished with her and then I comforted her whilst death inevitably took her." He looked up at me, on the verge of tears. "Hinami I am so sorry. I wish I would've done something now. I really am truly sorry" he then began to cry softly. I nodded and stood up walking over to him. I stood on the couch so I was level with his height.
"I believe you did everything you could. When my mother died, I did not intervene either. I know how hard it is but don't blame yourself." I smiled through the pain and wiped his face. "Please can you get rid of these clothes I can smell the blood."
"Actually I'm gonna get out of here. There's a better life out there for me."
"Ayato no." Touka muttered.
"I'll visit don't worry" he said smiling.
"I'm gonna get off now before everyone gets upset"

We all said our good byes and he left. I could tell there was something there with him and Taiga but him not staying here because she died just proves that.