Chapter 38

After mine and Kanekis heartfelt conversation he soon fell asleep on the couch so as the good person that I am, I grab a spare blanket and put it over him so he's warm. I gently kiss him on the cheek but as I got to pull away I feel a grab on my throat. I begin coughing...trying to pull him away, but his grip tightens. He then stands up, holding me by my neck. I try and pry his hands off my neck but it's no use he's stronger then me.
"I will kill you....Jason" he said with that same emotionless voice that haunts me. I look around to see if I can find something to wake him up with but I can't so I begin to hit an kick him and eventually his eyes shoot open...but there his ghoul eyes. He then smiles sadistically, turning his head to the side. I finally kick him one last time and he let's go of my neck....dropping me on the floor. I'm on my knees with my head on the ground trying to catch my breath.
"Taiga no! I'm so sorry " he says getting in his knees to comfort me. I sit up and rub my neck.
"What the hell were you dreaming about?" I ask rubbing my neck.
"The night...Jason...."
I cupped his cheeks. "I didn't realise it had this much of an effect on you" I said wiping the small tears rolling down his cheek.
"I am so sorry Taiga" he said sadly.
"Hey. I'm fine okay." I pulled him in for a hug and gently rubbed his back whilst trying to console him. All that was going through my head was Kaneki's two personalities. He has the relentless psychopath side that Jason turned him into...and then you have the sweet boy, scared of hurting even a fly...scared of what he's capable of...scared of losing me.
After calming down and coming to grips with what had just happened, Kaneki decided it was time to open up.

"He had me.......chained to a chair and he would cut my fingertips and toes off...,waiting for them to grow back. He'd inject me with RC inhibition fluid and torture me...but because I was weak I was hallucinating. Rize practically took over my thoughts." kanekis face turned from upset to completely emotionless.
"The two people that ruined my life...were a big part of yours. The woman that killed me...was the woman that was your best friend. The guy that destroyed me....is now your ally?" He stood up and shook his head.
"Why do I love you?" He said confused. "you played me? Left me hanging and now you've got me on some psychos hit list?"
"What the fuck? Kaneki I know you have underlying issues but you can't buy me something like this necklace" I said holding the necklace. "strangle me apologise then turn around and say that"
I walked over to him and put both of my hands on his face. "I genuinely love you and you can say whatever you want to push me away but I'm not leaving" I kiss him on the lips. "I'm in it till the end." I walk away and grab my coat an shoes and put them on.
"Where are you going?" He asked sound worried all of a sudden.
I scoffed and shook my head. "I need to do something....tell Hinami I love her and I will see her soon...hopefully." An then I walk out.

Kaneki's POV
This dream is horrible. I'm back in that room again....Jason is torturing me again but this time is different. I break the chains and put my hands against his throat. My grip tightens. "I will kill you Jason" I said tilting my head to the side. I felt a pain on my face so I opened my eyes to find I was strangling taiga. I let go and stand there in shock.
"Taiga no! I'm so sorry!" I say getting in my knees to comfort her.
"What the hell were you dreaming about?" She asks rubbing her neck.
"The night...Jason...." I began
She cupped my cheeks. "I didn't realise it had this much of an effect on you" She said wiping the small tears rolling down my cheek.
"I am so sorry Taiga" i said sadly.
"Hey. I'm fine okay." She pulled me in for a hug and gently rubbed my back whilst trying to console me. I really didn't mean to hurt her...I love her so much. All I can remember is opening my eyes to see hers filled with such worry and terror.
After calming down and coming to grips with what had just happened, I decided it was time to open up.

"He had me.......chained to a chair and he would cut my fingertips and toes off...,waiting for them to grow back. He'd inject me with RC inhibition fluid and torture me...but the fact I was weak I was hallucinating. Rize practically took over my thoughts." I began. But then, I realised? This 'girl' that I am in 'love' with is friends with the two main people that destroyed my life.
"The two people that ruined my life...were a big part of yours. The woman that killed me...was the woman that was your best friend. The guy that destroyed me....is now your ally?" I stood up and shook my head.
"Why do I love you?" I said confused. "you played me? Left me hanging and now you've got me on some psychos hit list?" Wait?! What is coming out of my mouth?! I don't mean any of this?
"What the fuck? Kaneki I know you have underlying issues but you can't buy me something like this necklace...." She said holding the necklace. "....strangle me, apologise then turn around and say that"
She walked over to me and put both of her hands on my face. "I genuinely love you and you can say whatever you want to push me away but I'm not leaving" She kiss me on the lips. "I'm in it till the end." She walks away and grabs her coat an shoes and put them on.
"Where are you going?" I asked sounding worried all of a sudden.
She scoffed and shook her head. "I need to do something....tell Hinami I love her and I will see her soon...hopefully." An then She walks out.
Wait? What just happened? I literally was a prick and yet she isn't mad at all? If she isn't one in a million then i don't know what is.
But then I started to think over what he said. 'Tell Hinami I love her and I will see her soon...hopefully?'
Hopefully?! Why does that mean? What is she going to do?
"Taiga?!" I shouted running out of the house but it was too late...she was already gone.