Chapter 97

Later on that evening, we had finished the painting but Kaneki had stopped by.
"What are you doing here?" I asked walking out of the house closing the door behind me.
"I wanted to see you." He said smiling. He walked towards me and grabbed my hand.
"I love you so much" he whispered. He looked down nervously before pulling me towards a patch of daisies on the front garden.
"What are you doing" i asked.
"Do you know how much I love you?"
"A lot?" I said confused.
"I would literally go through every ounce of pain I have ever been through just so you could live safely of happily."
"Kaneki...."
"I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to grow old and have children. Have everything. I want a life. I want a marriage and I want you. I want everything that comes with you. Your crappy inconsistent attitude, your temper, your need to protect everyone you love, your strength, your persistency, your accountability to always be beside me and I want your heart. I want you to love me, I want you to be with me, by my side, on my team."
"What are you doing?" I asked confused. "Are you proposing to me?" I asked pulling my hand away. He got down on one knee. "Kaneki!" I said confused.
"I don't have a ring...." He said looking around. He picked a daisy up and tied it in a circle, in the shape of a ring.
"Will you...." He said holding one hand out an ten the flower ring.
"Kaneki" I said smiling. I got down on my knees and kissed the end of his nose. "I don't need you to propose to know that you love me. And I don't need to say yes so you know I'm not going to leave you. I love you. You're the love of my life." I smiled at the ring.
"Instead of this being an engagement ring, how about we make it a promise ring. I promise to be by your side until I'm old enough for us to be engaged"
"we're old enough now"
"I'm 19 when I get engaged I want to be living with my boyfriend, I want money and I want to know what I want"
"A promise ring?" He said smiling.
"Yeah?" I nodded.
"Okay. I like that" he said taking my hand and sliding the ring onto my finger.
"Don't let this set you off proposing to me ever again okay?" I said smiling.
"I wont"
He kissed me and stood up before helping me up too.
"I promise I will never leave you alone." He said hugging me. I wrapped my arms around him when I felt something go into me. Kaneki dropped to his knees, dragging me down with him.
I could smell blood and then he started laughing.
"Kaneki" I said quietly. I looked down and his kakuja was straight through me.
I looked up and his kakuja was covering his face. He began laughing before biting a whole chunk out of my shoulder. I pushed him off me and fell over a little bit.
"He's incomplete" I said to myself. He went to stab me again so I rolled out of the way. "Kaneki." I said standing up. "It's me. You don't want to do this" I said holding my hands out.
He went to stab me again but something or someone pulled me out of the way.
"Noro?" I said confused. I looked around and Raiden, Itori and Ayato were there.
"What's going on?"
"He's too dangerous" Ayato said.
"No. He just needs help." I went to climb down to see him lay on the ground on his front screaming.
I went to jump off the roof but Itori grabbed my arm.
"It's too dangerous. He's an incomplete kakuja. He will keep hurting you like that uncontrollably."
"He's my boyfriend." I pulled my arm back and jumped of and ran over to him. I got on my knees and put my hand on his back.
"Please, calm down." I said soothingly. He stood up, grabbed my throat. He held me against the wall and smiled. "Do you really think just because I made you a ring that I love you" he tightened his grip. "Foolish girl"
He put his hand straight into my chest.
"You feel that" I said grabbing his arm as he held me up against the tree with one had around my neck and one hand inside my chest. "That's what I love you with. Take it. My heart belongs to you anyway" I said trying my hardest to contain my anger.
"I don't care." He said.
"Fine" I muttered blankly. I put my hands on his hand inside me and my legs around his arm around my throat. I pulled his hand out of me before snapping his arm. He dropped to the floor screaming and that's when I began laughing.
"Do you ever test a professional when you're an amateur?" I ripped the ring off. "I don't want your fragile promises because when you break, they do too." I smiled and cracked my knuckles like he does. "Do you know what else has broken? Us. We're finished"
I was then grabbed by Raiden.
"We're going inside" he said pulling me inside. I pushed him away and went walk inside when I could sense Kaneki ready to attack someone again, but then it stopped. I turned around and Tatsuya stood there. He was holding Kaneki back.
"What are you doing?" I asked confused.
"Paying you back" he said struggling to hold psycho Kaneki back. I nodded in appreciation and walked inside. Raiden pulled me into the shower and turned it on, whilst I was wearing clothes. He let the shower run most of the blood off of me before running a bath.
I sat there upset so, being the very supportive friend that he is, he got in with me, fully clothed.
"What are you doing" I asked feeling sorry for myself.
"Trying to cheer you up. I'm sick of you always being sad. It's not fair on you that you have to keep suffering because of the people you chose to associate with."
"Life isn't fair Raiden."
"It's not fair, and it's not easy, but it's not meant to be torture either. This is killing you."
"It's not that bad. ill survive"
"No. Not like this you won't."
He stood up and got out. "I'm going to bed, feel free to hop in when you're dry and dressed."

I sighed. I was dry and dressed and in bed next to Raiden but he was right, this wasn't a way to live. I didn't want to live, not anymore, not like this. It is torture every day is like a thousand stabs to the emotion centre in my brain. I genuinely don't know how long I can keep this up. You can only put so many books in a bookshelf before it collapses.