Chapter 121

Hinami dropped all of her things and ran over to hug me. I wrapped my arms around her and smiled. She wiped my face and smile back sweetly.
"I missed you." She said.
I looked around and saw Takasu and Aoi standing there.
"Does she know?" I asked.
"No." Aoi said. "We thought it would be better coming from you."
"Tell me what?" Hinami asked confused.
"It's hide. He erm....he passed away. I'm so sorry"
Her eyes welled up. "He what?" She said getting upset.
"We don't know how he died but Kaneki was seen carrying his body to the ccg. I'm so sorry"
"No." She said hugging me.
"I'm so sorry that I couldn't have been here to help you. Are you okay?"
"Yes Hinami I'm fine. We all said good bye to him in a little ceremony thing earlier. If you want you can-"
"-no. I think I'm just gonna go upstairs with hetare for a bit."
She walked over to Takasu and took the bird cage off him before walking upstairs.
"She didn't take that very well did she?" Raiden asked standing next to me.
"I don't think any of us did. He was a big character and now he's dead." I said leaning my head on his arm.
"I think everyone needs some sleep and to have a nice group meeting about school, jobs and stuff in the morning"
"How about we use the money to make a new cafe." Aoi said.
"What money?" I asked looking at him.
"The money Akio left. There's enough here to buy a place like Anteiku, decorate it and then buy all the appliances, pots and food."
"Wait what?" I said standing up smiling.
"Yeah. I suggested that he give you the money and maybe dedicate it to hide or something." Takasu said smiling. I ran over and went to hug him but remembered his illness.
"That's the best news I've heard for ages." I said happily.
Takasu laughed and nodded.
"I haven't ever heard you laugh before" I said looking up at him.
"Not a lot of people have" Aoi said smiling. Takasu coughed awkwardly and walked away. I looked at Aoi confused and he shrugged his shoulders so I chased after him.
"Are you okay?" I asked standing at the door.
"Yeah."
"Why are you so awkward around me?"i asked.
"When Akio first called me and Aoi into his officey place he showed us pictures of you and told us about you. He told us a story about when you were together how you use to sulk if he made you walk around so he picked you up and carried you all the way home."
"I'm quite lazy."
"He said how cute and bouncy you were and even if the room was dark, you could light It up. he said that it was hard to not fall for you but I didn't realise how hard it would be. You're just bubbly and..."
"And...."
He turned around and walked towards me. "And amazing."
"I'm dark and twisty"
"That's just sexy" he said kissing me. I was taken by surprise. I moved away in shock.
"Did you not like that?" He asked.
"I shouldn't have done that. I'm in love with Kaneki. I'm just in a bad place at the moment."
"Oh I shouldn't have done that! I'm so sorry"
I look back at him. "Oh what the hell" I say smiling. "You're gonna gonna have to kiss me again." I said smiling. "I know I can't touch you"
he smiled and grabbed me. I moved away in shock.
"Was it bad again?" He asked nervously.
"No. That's why I'm shocked. It was far from bad actually. It was really good. Do it again?"
"Really?" He asked smiling. I nodded as he kissed me.
"Oh. Sorry." Aoi said laughing. I pulled away and looked at him standing in the doorway. "Are you two?"
"No." Me and Takasu said in sync.
"Okay." Aoi said smiling.
"Dude. Seriously? " Takasu said standing up.
"I believe you. I do. It's just a bit fishy to be honest. I mean I know you like her."
"Dude." He said angrily.
"Just tell her. "
"There's nothing to tell her."
"Takasu." I said smiling. "Don't listen to him. You don't have to tell me anything. It's fine. I'm going to leave you two to it now anyway so I can speak to Hinami. " I got up and walked past Aoi smiling before walking into Hinamis room quietly. She was sat with her back to the door sobbing quietly.
I walked over and hugged her.
"Taiga. Why are you here."
"Because I love you and I know you're suffering. I'm suffering too Hina."
"He was nice and genuine and he didn't deserve to die. When I find out who killed him I'm going to-"
"-not do anything stupid or irrisponisblee because you don't want to get yourself killed. Believe me I wish I could tear their face off but I know that they did this to hide because it was a message."
"What?"
"Think about it. It was obvious a ghoul did it and a ghoul can kill a human like a human can kill a fly? So why did they leave him alive? There was a reason and believe me I'm making it my life's ambition to find that out but I can't if I even think you could put yourself in danger. Your mother deemed me responsible for your life and there's no way I'm letting you throw that away because you are the only thing keeping me in this world."
She hugged me back and wiped her cheek.
"Thank you for going against me when I said I wanted to be alone." She said laughing. "It's nice to know that you know when to go against me and when not to so thank you."
"It is okay. But I'm getting the vibe that you actually want me to leave you alone now though so I'm going to go."
"I'm not that little girl anymore taiga. I'm the same age as you were when you left home." She said smiling. "You don't have to watch me like a hawk"
"Yes I do. You will always be my little mimi."
She smiled and walked towards the window which I took as my queue to leave. So I walked out, but the minute that door shut, the water works started and I just began crying.
"Hey hey hey " Takasu said walking up the stairs. He ran over and hugged me. "Are you okay?" He said quietly trying not to attract attention to me.
I nodded, unable to get my words out.
"Come on. Let's get you calmed down."