Chapter 48

Many knew that Qing Cui was illiterate. Even if she found the letter, she would not know who wrote the letter. The reason why they were still arguing was that Qin Wanru had tried to skirt the topic so no one had to start discussing who the letter was addressed to.

However, it seemed at the moment that Qing Cui knew.

The only possibility was that Qing Cui had long known the content of the letter, but who would have tole her?"

Looking terribly pale, Qing Cui looked helplessly at Mrs. Qin. She was feeling very scared as she stammered and could not come out with an explanation.

"Outrageous! How did you know this letter was written by Second Miss Qin to Master Di? Who told you that?" questioned Nanny Zhou severely, as if she just realized this fact! However, she was really trying to hint at something by what she said.

Qing Cui quickly picked up the hint. Her lips trembled as she opened her mouth to say something to play along with Nanny Zhou, when Qin Wanru interrupted her and in a hostile tone, she said to Nanny Zhou, "Nanny Zhou, Qing Cui is my maid, how is it that you know everything she was about to say? Are you and Qing Cui very close?"

Buy saying that they were close indicated that they had been colluding with each other!

"How could you say that, Wanru? Nanny Zhou was only trying to help you question her!" with an uneasy cough and a forced smile, Mrs. Qin quickly said something to salvage the situation when even Nanny Zhou was made speechless by Qin Wanru's statement.

Qin Huaiyong's brows were locked into a deep frown. He was a warrior who was used to being straight forward and decisive but was never observant on matters of the household. He suddenly felt that he had been negligent about these matters especially those concerning Qin Wanru, Shui Ruolan, and the Old Grandma.

Both Mrs. Qin and Nanny Zhou were starting to panic. Qin Wanru's words implied that they were patching up one part of the wall by taking from another part of the wall, whereby the wall could never be completely patched up.

"Although you've not matured, Wanru, you are no longer a kid. You have to stop being so willful. Even if Qing Cui had done something wrong, her act does not warrant death. There is no need for you to convict her sins so quickly, this is not the way a merciful mistress should treat her maid," Mrs. Qin persuaded.

Mrs. Qin was trying to imply that Qin Wanru refused to let Qing Cui off because Qin Wanru was bad-tempered and willful. By implying that Qin Wanru had a bad temperament, Mrs. Qin hoped to ensnare Qin Huaiyong to believe that Qin Wanru was not a likable child.

Having failed in her plan, she resorted to the alternative plan B, which as to created discord using false accusations.

Qin Wanru fixed her gaze on Mrs. Qin as she called to mind how she had fallen into Mrs. Qin's traps in her previous life because of her ignorance. She smiled coldly as she remembered how Mrs. Qin had destroyed her step by step. However, she was determined to trample Mrs. Qin underfoot in this life.

"Didn't Mother also convict my sins when you first arrived? Are you saying that you are not a merciful mother?" asked Qin Wanru, lifting her gaze to Mrs. Qin, pretending to look confused.