Chapter 197 The Chipped off Screen

Qin Yuru would not have done this if she had known about the matter. In her last life, she had allowed Ning Caixian to marry into the family because she had no other choice. As for how Ning Caixian, together with Qin Yuru, framed her because she wanted to gain something from it and had no other alternatives, Qin Yuru had decided to endure it and let it go since this was insignicant compared to winning Madam of Duke Xing's favor. Anyway, Ning Caixian was going to marry into Duke Yong's Mansion no matter what happened.

Madam Di was aware of this matter. Given that Madam Di was out to get her, she would naturally make use of any resource she could lay hold of. Since Ning Caixian was harboring ill intentions against Qin Yuru, there was not stopping Madam Di making use of her!

Since Nanny Zhou was capable of hinting to the cousin that she was the reason Di Yan and her could not be together, Ning Caixian would definitely try to tackle her by entering the mansion to find out more information about Qin Wanru and to secretly harm her. Qing Xue, the chess piece placed in the mansion earlier on was indeed useful!

Although Qin Wanru was still young, the people who were serving her, be it Yujie or Qing Yue, were always loyal to her. The only person who was close to her, but was feeble-minded was Dong Xiuer!

"Miss, what do we do with Dong Xiuer?" Something seemed to have come to Yujie's mind as she continued, "Madame Dong had always been true and faithful to Miss, and Dong Xiuer is her only daughter!"

Qin Wanru bowed her had as a cold look appeared in her eyes!

When the horse carriage arrived at Ningyuan Army General's Mansion and entered the side gate to reach the parking place, Qin Wanru alighted from the horse carriage and accompanied by Yujie, she headed towards Old Grandma's Xinning Pavilion.

Before she left the mansion, she had instructed Qing Yue to inform the Old Grandma of her leave. Now that she had returned from the trip and it was only right that she informed the Old Grandma. Coincidentally, she had something to enquire the Old Grandma about!

Before she arrived at Xinning Pavilion, she spotted many screens being placed outside the gates of the pavilion. They were of different shapes and sizes but were all around the same height. This made her stop in her tracks.

A group of girl servants was busily cleaning the screens. One girl servant, having good eyes spotted Qin Wanru and hurried over to inform Nanny Duan, who emerged shortly and came up to Qin Wanru.

"What's happening here with so many screens?" Qin Wanru asked, staring at the screens in puzzlement. She did not recall seeing so many screens in the mansion.

"Madam Di had borrowed them from Duke Yong's Mansion because we will be holding a banquet in our mansion, but our main hall was not big enough to host the banquet. The general and Old Grandma had discussed over the matter and decided to hold the banquet in the courtyard. The weather had been favorable lately. It's a good idea to have the banquet held in the courtyard. Not only was the fragrance from the osmanthus flowers in the courtyard wonderful, the courtyard is also a very scenic spot in the mansion!"

Nanny Duan wiped her perspiration and continued, "However, the occasional breezes can be chilly. The screens are meant to block the wind as well as to cordon out the area which is the more scenic."

"Had all these been moved from Duke Yong's Mansion?" asked Qin Wanru, although she did ask for the reason why these were not sent to Shui Ruolan's courtyard. She knew that since they were from Duke Yong's Mansion, they would not go through Shui Ruolan, but sent them directly here. On one hand, it was so that Old Grandma would recognize the power of Duke Yong's Mansion. On the other hand, it was to make clear Duke Yong's stand. It was meant to kill two birds with one stone.