Chapter 149 A Noble and Pitiful Life

"Miss Yan!"

Qin Wanru looked back and saw Yan Xulan smiling and walking to her.

"Can we walk together?" Yan Xulan asked. She smiled and pointed to a gravel road.

"Alright!" Qin Wanru nodded. After everything, she still just walked away casually.

Great Elder Princess Rui'an was going to deal with her grandson's affairs now. The rest of the uninvolved people left in twos and threes. Many people strolled around and shared gossip, most of which was about the disgrace of Duke Yong's mansion.

It was shameful to be dismissed by Great Elder Princess Rui'an. Tonight's events greatly weakened the reputation of Duke Yong's Mansion.

"Second Miss Qin, do you know much about the child you were with?"

Yan Xulan found Qin Wanru pleasant looking, so stayed to talk to her.

"Not much. Who is he?" Qin Wanru was also quite curious.

In her last life, she got no news and knew very little. She only vaguely heard news Qin Yuru and Madam Di let slip. She did not quite understand the things Hao'er had said.

It was obvious that he was the grandson of Great Elder Princess Rui'an. Why did he have no parents? And why would he be targeted like this?

"He is the son of Infanta Qinghua, the daughter of Great Elder Princess Rui'an, and he is the only legitimate son of the former Duke Xing." Yan Xulan sighed. "He is a pitiable child!"

"Why is he a pitiable child?" Qin Wanru frowned with her beautiful arched eyebrows and felt that there was something to it. His family determined that the child was extremely noble, so how could he make people lament?

The name Duke Xing stirred something in Qin Wanru's memory. The so-called former Duke Xing, in fact, was not the present Duke Xing. He seemed to be the brother of the present Duke Xing.

"The former Duke Xing married Infanta Qinghua, but his mother did not like her. He asked to leave the capital city and go to the border with Infanta Qinghua. They lived there for many years, and they seemed so far away. It was even inconvenient to send letters there. Outsiders were not clear about where they lived. When the turmoil broke out, people here in the capital city were sent to look for them, but only Infanta Qinghua came back in the end!

"This child is the posthumous son of Infanta Qinghua. When she gave birth, she bled heavily. So she died young because they failed to save her!"

Yan Xulan sighed. "Originally, he was God's favored one, but has now become an orphan without parents. It is said that the current Madam treats him well, but because of her bad relationship with Infanta Qinghua, she doesn't care much about him. Meanwhile, Great Elder Princess Rui'an loves him very much."

"...Zhuozhuo... Zhuozhuo... Hao'er" A picture flashed in Qin Wanru's mind. It was a blurred picture, in which a woman was holding her hand and seemed to be talking to her. However, she couldn't hear or see clearly. Her heart felt struck by something heavy. There was a kind of unspeakable convulsion in her heart, which made her almost fall down in a short time.

The sharp pain surged from her heart through her body!

"Miss... Miss, what's wrong with you?" Yujie's voice was a little far away.

Qin Wanru looked at Yujie blankly, as if she was somewhere far off. Yujie panicked and stretched out her hand to hold her.

Yan Xulan did not know what had happened, but also helped Yujie to support Qin Wanru.