Chapter 163 The Invitation Card Conveyed From Duke Xing's Mansion

"What do you mean, brother-in-law?" Qin Huaiyong's face turned gloomy.

"Nothing. I just think that there are so many women who could give birth but why would you marry a widow, who has always stayed in your mansion? If others know this, the censor would not let you go easily!" Duke Yong sneered and threatened him coldly.

"The witness before is still there. Don't you remember?" said Qin Huaiyong with an unkind expression.

"So what? Or you don't need the help from Marquises' Mansion of Fengyang, do you?" said Duke Yong very slowly as a sharp look appeared in his face. He said, "When I went to Marquises' Mansion of Fengyang, I have mentioned you to them. They told me that your position would be confirmed soon. However... If the censor gets involved in this because of Madam Shui, then things would become complicated!"

"You wouldn't show the witness in front of others and say something vague, would you?"

He meant that if Qin Huaiyong did have evidence to prove that Shui Ruolan didn't mean to marry into Qin's Mansion before but it was not only because Madam Di plotted against her but also because she was to take care of Qin Wanru who was used by Madam Di that she married Qin Huaiyong. Then Madam Di would not only be considered as a woman who violated women's virtues but also a malicious woman. Duke Yong would never let Qin Huaiyong say this out.

Otherwise, it would not only damage the reputation of Duke Yong's Mansion, but also would affect negatively the daughters of Di's Family!

In other words, if Qin Huaiyong unveiled the truth, Duke Yong's Mansion would not only deny the truth but also would break up the relationship between Qin Huaiyong and them!

Duke Yong's Mansion's power was incomparable to Qin's Mansion's.

Qin Huaiyong's face turned livid but he repressed his anger and didn't let it vent out. He set his cold eyes on Duke Yong and said, "Thanks for your concern. However, it is my business, and you don't need to care too much about it!"

Seeing Qin Huaiyong's bad look, he knew Qin Huaiyong got irritated but tried his best to repress the anger. Duke Yong knew that he should stop here and decided not to ask about this thing. As his expression relaxed, he said, "Although I don't know how you would deal with this matter, no need to say, you know you need to do something as my sister got hurt without any reason, right?"

"Then what do you want me to handle this?"

"It is quite easy. My sister married you first so she is the first lady in the mansion. Although Madam Shui now is your wife, she was only the second lady. Her position is incomparable to my sister's position, the official wife of this mansion. Now my sister got hurt and Madam Shui has to take care of her, don't you think so?" said Duke Yong.

"She now is pregnant! It is quite inconvenient for her!" Qin Huaiyong immediately refused this advice. If Shui Ruolan did go to take care of Madam Di, she could not ensure the safety of her unborn baby. This unborn child might be his only son so he would definitely not agree with this suggestion.

"Then let your second daughter go! My sister has raised her for a time before. So I think this would be reasonable for her to take care of my sister, right?" Duke Yong settled for the second choice.

His words made Qin Huaiyong silent for a moment. Then he finally nodded in agreement.

Compared with Shui Ruolan, Qin Wanru was more appropriate. According to Duke Yong's Mansion, they would not let Qin Huaiyong go easily if he didn't send one of them to take care of Madam Di!