Chapter 67 The Coachman Who Refused to Recognise

"Young Lady, have you gotten up?" Qing Yue walked through the door. Seeing Qin Wanru had well dressed and stood there, she was stupefied.

"I can't sleep on the mountain!" Qin Wanru tugged at her sleeves and explained. Then, she changed the subject, "What happened?"

"There was an accident on the opposite side. It was said that there was a man who entered the opposite womenfolk' window at night. Just in the courtyard opposite us, I feared that something happened to you, so I ran in!" Seeing that Qin Wanru was safe and sound, Qing Yue sighed with relief and hurriedly reported.

"Let's go and see!" Qin Wanru sat down in front of the dressing table. "Just give me a simple one."

Qing Yue nodded and stepped forward. She skillfully twisted Qin Wanru's hair into two buns without wearing jewelry, and only tied two hair bands.

When Qin Wanru took Qing Yue to the opposite room, a lot of people were there, and many people were alarmed. Even the nuns from Jingxin Monastery rushed to maintain order.

The man in black had already woken up. He was held on the ground by two stout old women, with his hands tied behind his back. The black cloth on his face had fallen.

When Qin Wanru came in, she saw the familiar face, but she could not finger out who he was.

"Young Lady, that's a man from our mansion!" Qing Yue was more sharp-eyed than her. She immediately recognized her and said loudly.

She talked rather loudly, and the untidy voice faded. Everyone looked at Qin Wanru and her servant. Until now, they had not known who the black man was. However, from what was found on this man, they could see that his motive was execrable.

All were women on the mountain. Needless to say, he robbed women for selling them to the dirty place. The womenfolk hated such a person.

If a perfectly good woman was sold to that place, there was no good end to them. The man in black had been beaten by many people, but he just clenched his teeth. Therefore, they could not do anything to him.

"This man is... from our mansion?" Qin Wanru was startled and set her eyes on the man, seemingly examining him.

"It's the coachman in our mansion. It's the coachman of the carriage that Madam has been using." Qing Yue looked at the man in black and said affirmatively.

Although the man in black had been slapped a few times, his face was swollen, Qing Yue still recognized him at a glance.

Madam Di's subordinates had always been aggressive. If Qin Wanru went out, he would never drive for her. Even sometimes the other coachmen were absent, he was not willing to and alleged that Madam Di might use the carriage later.

Qing Yue took insults from him many times, so she could recognize him well.

The coachman's brain was in buzz. At this time, he heard the noise of the crowd die away, and raised his head subconsciously. When he was facing Qin Wanru's dark eyes, he immediately panicked and desperately struggled.

He was knocked out and caught for no reason. When he opened his eyes and found that he did not know them, the coachman secretly sighed with relief because he believed that Madam of Jiangzhou Prefecture had a way to save himself, as long as no one found that he was Madam's subordinate.

Although he didn't know why he appeared under the window of a strange woman's harem, the coachman was so glad that he was not found by Second Miss's subordinates.

He found that he went to the wrong place, but he considered himself lucky.

He did not expect Qin Wanru to appear in front of him now, so he immediately panicked.