Chapter 199 Meeting up with Duke Yong's Mother, The Old Madam.

"This, this screen is my grandmother's favorite!" said Di Yan helplessly. He did not think much of the matter until he saw the broken screen and he frowned.

"This screen is indeed my maternal grandmother's favorite. When I went to visit her the other time, she even talked to me about it. Seemingly it belongs to my maternal grandmother's family in the past!" Qin Yuru curled up the corners of her lips and cast a mocking look at Qin Wanru as she continued saying, "Second Younger Sister, this is going to serious!"

Obviously Qin Yuru had not gotten over her rage and at this moment, everyone was objectionable to her.

Qin Wanru did not bother about Qin Yuru's comment, but fixed her eyes on Di Yan and said, "Master Di, how about I follow you back to Duke Yong's Mansion and speak to your grandmother so we could get everything clear?"

"This... actually that is not necessary!" Di Yan pondered for a moment and decided that it would be making a big fuss over a minor issue.

"I think it would be a better idea to make a trip there. Otherwise, if maternal grandmother gets angry, our cousin will have to face her alone, which makes me feel bad," said Qin Yuru. She got increasingly irritated seeing that Qi Rongzhi was still following them, but could not find a good reason to chase her away. She could only stop shooting her peculiar looks and pretended to look as if she was helping to think a solution for their problem.

"This..." Di Yan kept silent for a while. He knew that his grandmother would definitely inquire about the broken screen. He smelt trouble as he looked from Qin Yuru to Qi Rongzhi and thought it wise to get away for now. "Alright!" he said, nodding.

Once they decided to go to Duke Yong's Mansion, Qin Wanru, who was representing the Qin's Mansion to apologize to them, naturally had to go. On the other hand, Qin Yuru claimed that she wanted to see Duke Yong's mother, as well as to put a good word for Qin Wanru, so she had to go too. Di Yan had no objections, so he instructed men to fetch the horse carriage, and then headed out with the two sisters.

Di Yan also instructed men to bring the broken screen back. Although he was aware that a broken screen was useless, he had to bring it back since it was his grandmother's favorite!

While Qi Rongzhi was unhappy that she could not follow them, she knew nothing good awaited her there. All she could do was to stand helplessly and watch them with a glum expression as Di Yan brought the sisters with him.

She also spotted Qin Yuru's mocking smile when she turned to look at Qi Rongzhi! She tightened her grip on the handkerchief in her hands and all of a sudden, she thought Di Yan was not the best match for her.

Qin Yuru was the granddaughter of Duke Yong's mother, therefore, Qi Rongzhi did not expect that old lady to fancy her. However, she was unwilling to let go of Di Yan, who possessed the best qualities among her suitors. Moreover, Di Yan seemed to understand her thoughts. Although they did not express their feelings towards each other, they had good impressions of each other.

What if the Old Madam of Duke Yong's Mansion did not agree to this? Qi Rongzhi furrowed her brows. She had to ponder over this carefully. No matter what, she would not be defeated by Qin Yuru, the fickle-minded woman!

After Di Yan led Qin Yuru and her sister up onto the horse carriage, it immediately set off for Duke Yong's Mansion. Along the way, Qin Yuru did not open her mouth to speak, neither did Di Yan. The atmosphere in the horse carriage was rather gloomy. It was much unlike the past when Qin Yuru would be speaking gently and softly to Di Yan.