Chapter 173 Do You Want to Be a Child Bride?

She had no idea when Chu Liuchen had appeared behind her, staring at her coldly. On his handsome face was a faint smile that sent a shiver down her spine.

Qin Wanru's gaze shifted to the conspicuous object in his hand. Her limpid eyes met a pair of blue cat's eyes. Stunned, she soon discovered that the eyes belonged to a white cat with blue eyes. It was adorable with its soft fur and fleshy body. It was an absolute beauty.

She was sure she had never seen such a beautiful cat, but it felt inexplicably familiar to her as if she could recall something similar in her memories. Was it a memory from her past life? Yet, upon second thought, she couldn't find any traces of this cat.

"This cat is..." Qin Wanru hesitated.

"Hold it for me!" With a scoff, Chu Liuchen tossed the cat into Qin Wanru's embrace. She hastily reached out to catch it.

The cat was so soft that it made for a very pleasant pillow. She couldn't help caressing its fur, but the cat stared wide-eyed at her as if confronting a mortal enemy. It was even baring its claws at her.

Chu Liuchen patted the cat with a rather heavy hand, eliciting a yelp. It turned its head to whine at him and then, in a surprising move, stopped pointing its claws at Qin Wanru. It softened its body to lay lazily in her arms, dropping all hostility against her.

Xiao Xuanzi looked at his master and then at Qin Wanru. His smile became brighter and brighter. He went up to Qin Wanru to make an enthusiastic bow and then deliberately said, "Second Miss, this cat loves being petted. It's happy whenever it's being petted."

Was that so? Qin Wanru was skeptical. The cat looked so fierce when she tried earlier, but it was rather adorable now. Ultimately, she couldn't stop herself from reaching out to caress the fur on its back.

The cat made a gurgling noise, sounding quite comfortable.

The pair of eyes that was glaring daggers at her was now shut in bliss. With its snow-white fur, it looked particularly lovable.

"Prince, why are you here?" Qin Wanru sat down with the cat in her embrace. This cat was pretty heavy; it was evident how well it was cared for.

"Qin Wanru, I can't believe you're so sly at your young age." Chu Liuchen threw her a sidelong glance with an unhappy expression.

"What did I do, Prince?" Qin Wanru asked, carefully caressing the cat's fur. It had been a while since she last saw Chu Liuchen, so what was he getting at now?

"Do you have your eyes on Wen Xichi? Should I play matchmaker for you?" The corners of Chu Liuchen's mouth were curved ever so slightly. An unfathomable emotion flickered in his eyes; it was something Qin Wanru couldn't quite understand.

"Prince, at my young age, you say?" Qin Wanru raised her head helplessly, hoping Chu Liuchen would take a good look at her face.

Chu Liuchen's eyes were limpid as he looked Qin Wanru up and down in disdain. He then suggested, "You can be a child bride until you grow up."

"I thought only children from poor families would become child brides, no?" Qin Wanru replied helplessly. She wondered how she offended this prince, who looked hell-bent on making life difficult for her.

"If your status is far beneath the groom, you can very well be a child bride." Chu Liuchen rubbed his chin. Suddenly, this suggestion seemed plausible.

"I... I don't want to be a child bride at all!" Qin Wanru silently bemoaned her hardship.

"Qin Wanru, you know you owe me your life, don't you?" Chu Liuchen began to smile, flashing a smile that was as handsome as it was elegant. The gloominess in his eyes dissipated as he looked her up and down with a ruminating expression. She had no idea what this temperamental prince was up to.