Chapter 143 The Little Eunuch Bumping into People

"Mother!" Di Fenglan whined, stamping her foot.

Counting on the power of being Zhaoyi Di's favorite niece, Di Fenglan had always been arrogant. She'd certainly never been taunted by a little girl.

"Let's go!" Countess Yong looked at Qin Wanru's small figure and frowned. She'd come off a little too aggressive just now, which let the little girl take the upper hand.

At the thought of Madam Di's request, she sighed inwardly. What had happened just now showed her family's hostility towards Shui Ruolan and Qin Wanru in front of everyone.

The little girl was crafty. It was no wonder that Madam Di had always been in a disadvantageous position.

Countess Yong had always been shrewd. Although Qin Wanru had embarrassed her, she calmed down after resting for a while. After walking a few steps with the crowd, she even chatted with some Mesdames beside her and told some jokes. At the moment, she was talking and laughing with no hint of anger at Qin Wanru.

Di Fenglan fiddled with her handkerchief and walked behind Qin Yuru with a scowl. Nevertheless, she knew this was not the place for irresponsible remarks. Even if Zhaoyi Di was favored, it was Great Elder Princess Rui'an's Mansion. This was not a place where she could do whatever she wanted to. But she was unbearably indignant.

She turned around and was about to talk to Qin Yuru. Suddenly, a little eunuch rushed out.

"Get out of the way! Get out of the way!" he shouted.

The attendees split down the middle. Di Fenglan was quick to respond, turning and hurrying away.

However, perhaps because of his miscalculation or other reasons, the little eunuch bumped into her hand, staggered and subconsciously grabbed the arm of Qin Yuru who was beside her. Both girls fell to the ground.

"Sorry, sorry!" Seeing them on the ground, the little eunuch gave the hurried apology and kept running.

Countess Yong was wanted to ask someone to get the little eunuch back, but an old maid beside her pulled her sleeves and stopped her.

A little eunuch was no one important, but the master who sent him was most likely someone from the palace.

It was normal that for guests from the palace to come to the banquet of Great Elder Princess Rui'an. Every time, some of the several young nobles came over. Sometimes even all of them showed up.

Duke Yong's Mansion couldn't afford to blame any one of them.

The girl servants and old maids hurried to help them up. Di Fenglan was fine, because she fell on Qin Yuru. Qin Yuru was dragged to the ground, caught beneath Di Fenglan, injuring her wrist. She turned it over and found two bloodstains on her sleeve.

She couldn't help but groan in pain, and her tears fell down.

"Yuru, how are you? Are you alright?" Countess Yong asked with concern.

She stepped forward, reaching out to hold Qin Yuru's hand. She carefully cleaned the gravel off her white and delicate hand with a handkerchief.

"Aunt, it hurts!" Qin Yuru cried.

Besides the two wounds on her wrist, she her palm also stung. Her hand had been seriously burned before. Although upon arrival in the capital, she had used the ointment granted by the palace, her hand was still recovering. The scar was not obvious now but could still be if one looked closely.

The new skin was especially tender, so the pain in her palm was sharp.

"Yuru, maybe you can return to Duke Yong's Mansion and see the doctor. The doctor in our mansion is excellent!" Countess Yong said with concern.