Chapter 200 Confrontation

"Cousin, is there a cousin in your mansion?" Qin Yuru looked up at Di Yan, trying to hide her curiosity. She had been in the capital for a while, but she didn't see any cousin in Duke Yong's Mansion and thus she never asked before.

"Nope, she had left a long time ago!" Di Yan's heart skipped a beat, and he turned his head away in guilt, pretending to examine the broken frame of the screen.

"Gone?" "When did she leave?" Instinctively, Qin Yuru sensed something fishy. She was still smiling, but her eyes were full of doubt.

Di Yan coughed. "Before you came. She left for something at home!"

"She left before I came, why didn't I know about it?" At this time, Qin Yuru was sure this was not a matter as simple as it seemed. Though she was furious, her expression became even more gentle.

"It's not a big deal. She used to come occasionally to visit my mother and would stay for a day or two." Di Yan felt more and more uncomfortable. He knew his affairs at home, and surely, Ning Caixian had some relationship with him.

Countess Yong had always wanted him to marry Ning Caixian. Although Ning Caixian's family was not as good as Duke Yong's, she was related to her. If Ning Caixian married Di Yan, it would be to her advantage, and they would be in the same boat. Since Countess Yong married into Duke Yong's Mansion, Madam Duke Yong had been hard on her, and she held grudges against her.

If Ning Caixian married in, she would be closer to her, and for this one reason, Countess Yong wanted to make things work between Ning Caixian and Di Yan.

However, Madam Duke Yong opposed the matter. While Qin Yuru lived in Jiangzhou, Countess Yong asked Ning Caixian to live in the mansion from time to time, to bond with Di Yan.

Ning Caixian naturally grasped this opportunity, while she flattered Countess Yong, she hung out with Di Yan. They were almost getting married when an elder of Ning Caixian passed away. Madam Duke Yong then took the chance and dragged the matter out. Later, she claimed that Ning Caixian's birthdate was contrary to Di Yan's, and she proposed to get Qin Yuru instead.

Madam Duke Yong reproached Countess Yong, who then reluctantly offered marriage to Madam Di in Jiangzhou. After Qin Yuru reached the capital, it would be inconvenient for Ning Caixian to appear in Duke Yong's Mansion. After Qin's Mansion had settled in the capital, Qin Yuru would go back. It was only then that Ning Caixian would stay in Duke Yong's Mansion for a night or visit Countess Yong occasionally.

However, now that Qin Huaiyong had re-emerged as Ningyuan Army General, his status was much higher. Though his position was not very high, he was close to the emperor and was also a Vice Commander of the Imperial Guards Team. Qin Yuru's status was way beyond Ning Caixian's, and they were not on an equal match!

Under such circumstances, Countess Yong had no choice but to end her idea of a marriage with Ning's Mansion.

However, Ning Caixian refused to do so and continued to have rendezvous with Di Yan, and their relationship eventually got better.

Of course, everything happened behind the curtains. On the surface, Ning Caixian was just the niece of Countess Yong and a cousin of Di Yan.

The affair between Di Yan and Ning Caixian nearly got approval back then, so many people in the mansion knew about it.

However, Qin Yuru never asked, so the people did not dare to say anything. Everyone buttoned their lips.

"Why have I never met her?" Qin Yuru smiled and said, hiding the jealousy in her eyes and replacing it with curiosity.