Chapter 136 It Was Not So Simple to Cover up a Lie!

Qin Huaiyong felt very surprised and said, "Come in!" He was dubious at first and didn't expect that the invitation card would be sent to them because he feared that the Rui'an Great Elder Princess just promised absentmindedly.

Qin Wanru kept smiling and she felt quite relieved because she told Qin Huaiyong about this before receiving the invitation card. If Rui'an Great Elder Princess forgot about it, then things would get complicated.

Fortunately, Rui'an Great Elder Princess kept her word and sent the invitation card just like what she did in Qin Wanru's previous life.

This time it was not sent to Madam Di and Qin Yuru did not take it halfway.

"Yes, general!" answered Nanny Yu. She walked in deferentially and gave it to Qin Huaiyong with her both hands.

Qin Huaiyong took it and looked at the gold stamping texts in the card carefully. He recognized that it did belong to Rui'an Great Elder Princess. He felt extremely happy.

As smile in his face disappeared, he then calmed down, put the card on the table, and said, "It says the banquet will be on the day after tomorrow. You will go with your mother if Rui'an Great Elder Princess wants. However, you must listen to your mother there. You must pay attention to your words and your behavior according to your mother's words. Don't let others think that people from our Qin's Mansion have a bad manner!"

Qin Huaiyong said.

"Yes, father!" Qin Wanru answered and nodded her head docilely.

"About your clothes. Let your mother buy some new and good clothes tomorrow. There will be many high-ranking people at the banquet. If you are poorly dressed, you will be looked down upon."

Qin Huaiyong continued to say. It was also a good thing for him. Those who wanted to wait and see would definitely think that people from Rui'an Great Elder Princess's Mansion valued him. Thus he would be appointed to a post soon. Thinking about that, he looked very happy.

After saying that, he decided not to stay in Qin Wanru's room and thought that he'd better tell Shui Ruolan. Qin Wanru was a child who did not know many things so it would be better to tell Shui Ruolan.

Qin Huaiyong left very happily and strode to Shui Ruolan's Liufeng Pavilion with his servants.

Seeing Qin Huaiyong off, her sweet smile vanished and then she looked calm. She took the invitation card which Qin Huaiyong put on the table and looked at it carefully.

In her last life, she saw this after the event. She didn't know it at all until Qin Yuru showed off in front of her. Now it seemed that her life had been totally different when she received this card.

Therefore, she would avoid the tragedy in her last life and have a good ending this time.

"Second Lady, why would general so care about this?" Nanny Yu had worked in this mansion for a very long time so she could tell that Qin Huaiyong was happy.

"He is happy about it. He has a tough life in the capital city because Duke Yong's Mansion put him in an awkward situation deliberately!" answered Qin Wanru. Her eyes were calm. Then she looked over the card again.

Madam Di had to let Shui Ruolan come here and let her take charge of the business in the mansion. Not only Madam Di was unwilling but also Duke Yong's Mansion.

It was sure that she would do something to hang up and bewilder Qin Huaiyong.

"Madam Di treats you so bad! However, because of Duke Yong's Mansion, the general does not divorce her!" said Nanny Yu angrily.