Chapter 159 "Take Her Away and Flog Her 20 Times!"

When Qin Wanru got to the kitchen, the two servants who fought each other were pulled apart.

Yujie was holding Qionghua while the supervisor of kitchen was holding the old maid. Their hair was totally in a mess because of their fight. There were even scratches in their face. They both looked very combative now.

Shui Ruolan still had not come here yet while Madam Di had been here and was interrogating them.

The old maid was the one they saw before. A throng of servants hung around the kitchen door and those people behind were standing on tiptoe and looking at the kitchen.

Qin Wanru came with Qing Yue quietly behind these servants and started to listen carefully. Madam Di's voice was very loud and sounded very furious.

They just stood so quietly and no people found them for they all focused on the event in the kitchen.

"Qionghua, why would you suddenly hit others without any reason? Do you think that it is able to bully the new servant just because you have been working here for a long time?" asked Madam Di severely, seeming that she had asked about this event clearly.

"Madam Di, it is she who provoked me and spoke evil of my master! I was so furious that I fought them! And..." Qionghua set her eyes on the bowls of bird's nest porridge on the cooking bench and tried to spit it out angrily while Yujie suddenly twisted her wrist. "Ouch!" Qionghua felt pain and was unable to go on.

"Qionghua, are you telling the truth? She is new here. Or does anybody embolden her to let her provoke you, a senior employee? If she doesn't know who you are and provoke you, she would be totally a fool! Don't you think so?" Madam Di sneered.

"Madam! You have to help me! I am here to take your bird's nest porridge for you! But this servant girl, I don't know who her master is, said that you used her master's bird's nest to cook your bird's nest porridge! And she said your bird's nest porridge belongs to her master! I absolutely felt unwilling so I disputed with her. However, I never expected that she would beat me suddenly! Madam, you must stand by me! I am still new here and don't know much about this mansion. And I don't understand why you, the official Madam of General would want others' things to eat!"

The old maid pushed the supervisor of kitchen away and burst out crying. She wiped her tears while she was crying and kept showing her innocence.

Now she was not only trying to show her innocence but also Madam Di's!

Qionghua trembled with anger. "Why there would be such a person who would call white black in the world? She did provoke me first and gave a small purse to the kitchen supervisor furtively. She even talked to the supervisor on the sly, fearing that I would see them. But I did see them! It is clear that she wanted to ask the supervisor to give some Madam Shui's bird's nest porridge to Madam Di as much as possible!"

Qionghua even saw three same bowls! The bird's nest was ordered by Old Grandma for Madam Shui. However, she didn't want to have it herself so she used it to cook porridge so that the Second Lady and she could enjoy the bird's nest. However, she felt angry when suddenly seeing three same bowls in the kitchen. Moreover, she found that the old maid even stood in front of those bowls proudly, opened the lid and sneered at her.

"It is hard to know what your master would give birth to though she has this expensive food! It would be better to let my lady have them. Then she would give birth to a chubby boy! A widow doesn't worth these!"

When she said these words, her voice was not very loud but it was enough to let Qionghua hear. Qionghua got extremely mad at once when coming to her and caught the old maid and asked what she was saying.