Chapter 119 Removing Enmity with a Smile Is Impossible

The next morning, after Madam Di asked for the instructions of Old Grandma, she and Qin Yuru went shopping and bought lots of cloth and even ready-to-wear clothes, which were the most fashionable ones of the time. Qin Yuru had been smiling since she returned home. Dressed in the newly changed garment, she, along with Meixue and Meiyan who held some new-style cloth and clothes, entered the courtyard of Qin Wanru.

As soon as she came in, she smilingly greeted Qin Wanru, "Second sister, come and take a look. I have brought you a stack of the most fashionable handkerchiefs that were trending in the capital. Their quality is really good, much better than the ones we used in Jiangzhou in the past. I once saw the daughters of our uncle used the ones of this quality."

As she spoke, Qin Yuru asked Meixue to put the stack of handkerchiefs in her hands in front of Qin Wanru.

Then, she spread these handkerchiefs with her hands, saying, "Second sister, look at the stripes on these handkerchiefs. They are beautiful, aren't they? I carefully picked some for you, and I also kept some for myself. They are decent to use when you attend parties."

"This dress, mother says, must be suitable for you, and I bought it only for you." Qin Yuru pointed the one in the hands of Meiyan as she spoke.

This dress looked very beautiful, giving off an air of nobility, and its complicated decorative patterns suggested its exceptionally high price.

Madam Di was really generous this time!

"Second sister, think about it. If you wear this dress to attend a banquet next time, you must be greatly admired by the ladies of the capital." Qin Yuru carefully hid her envious look and praised Qin Wanru all the time, as if she was the most beautiful woman who could only be found in heaven, but not on earth.

If Qin Wanru were really a child, she would have become overly proud of herself. This was the trick that Qin Yuru and Madam Di often chose.

Qin Wanru's watery eyes focused on the dress, her look changing and her eyes shining, but she shook her head and pushed back the one in her hands.

"I extend my gratitude to the good wishes of Madam Di and you!"

"Don't you like it?" Qin Yuru tried to be patient and continued speaking as she smiled because her mother had been repetitively requiring that she ostensibly showed her good heart to treat Qin Wanru.

"I really don't like it." With her shiny, watery eyes, Qin Wanru unhesitatingly shook her head.

"You..." Qin Yuru nearly couldn't prevent herself from pressing the dress into the face of Qin Wanru, thinking, "This b*tchy girl dares to refuse mother's 'good wish'!"

"Let's go and buy some that you like next time. I leave this to you, for not a girl in the family is as small as you are!" Qin Yuru gritted her teeth and calmed herself down, faking a stiff smile, but left the dress and turned, ready to leave with her two maids.

She didn't take away these handkerchiefs!

"Elder sister, are you going to attend a banquet? Is it the one to be held in the Marquises' Mansion of Fengyang?" Qin Wanru smiled and supported her chin with her hands, asking with somewhat naivety of a girl. She was not angered by what Qin Yuru said just now, and she was even quite like the girl who had not been reborn.

"Right, right, we will go there with mother!" The words of Qin Wanru sounded more acceptable for her now, the same as they were before. Believing that she could easily cheat her again, Qin Yuru turned back immediately and spoke with a smile.