Chapter 110 Fenghua Glazed Cup, Impossible

The lump was the bluegrass seal that she wore around her neck. It was said that this was originally hers, that is to say, it had something to do with her life experience!

"Mother, is your Fenghua Glazed Cup still around? Why don't you just take it as a gift to Di Yan's grandfather at the Marquises' Mansion of Fengyang!" Madam Di suddenly laughed.

What Madam Di said set Qin Wanru's heart pounding. She slowly lowered her eyes to hide the coldness in her eyes, thinking that Madam Di actually took a fancy to the Fenghua Glazed Cup.

"That thing, forget it!" Old Grandma said faintly while shaking her head.

"Why not? Wanru and Yuru can also take advantage of this opportunity to visit them together. They have grown up and they should go out. We should show our girls to others, we can't keep them indoors all the time. And then... It's...... It's hard to say. It doesn't matter for Yuru, but Wanru..."

Madam Di smiled, the eyes she set on Qin Wanru kindly and amiable. She looked at Qin Wanru's clothes with a smile as she addressed Nanny Zhou who was standing behind her. "She isn't a little girl anymore. It's time to start dressing her up whenever she goes out. Nanny Zhou, please take the plum blossom hairpin from my dressing table and give it to Second Miss."

"Yes, Madam!" Nanny Zhou went away with a smile.

Qin Wanru bit her lip. "Thank you, Madam, but I'm still young!"

"You're so shy. Okay, okay. I won't mention it!" Madam Di smiled, but she did not stop Nanny Zhou. Then, she turned back to look at Old Grandma and asked, "Mother, do you think so? Wanru looks so beautiful and we must choose a handsome guy for her carefully. We can't let anyone waste her youth!"

What Madam Di said seemed to be considerate of Qin Wanru, and she had talked about nothing but the marriage of the girl. In front of so many people, Qin Wanru could only lower her head with a look of shyness. What Madam Di said seemed to be considerate of Qin Wanru, and she had talked about nothing but the marriage of the girl. In front of so many people, Qin Wanru could only lower her head with a look of shyness.

However, there was a flicker of coldness in her eyes that nobody saw.

When they had just arrived in the capital city, Madam Di was unable to hold herself back from saying something because she was keenly aware that Qin's mansion was dependent on Duke Yong's mansion, and Old Grandma got little respect among noblewomen in the capital city. They still had to rely on her to keep up the appearance though.

In her previous life, it was Madam Di who had ruined her marriages repeatedly!

Everyone in the capital city had made fun of her for her disrepute from Jiangzhou and there was no good marriage for her. Thereafter, Madam Di pretended to care about her and chose someone with a poor background for her. Madam Di put her into more dire straits!

Madam Di had managed to betroth her to a seemingly creditable libertine the first time. However, the libertine had an affair with her cousin and even got her cousin pregnant. After the engagement was broken off, she was in derision with a more tattered reputation. Qin Wanru originally thought that she was just unlucky, but later she learned from Qin Yuru that Madam Di had done it on purpose because the man who had broken off an engagement with her was the nephew of Duke Xing, and Madam Di only took this opportunity to put herself under the patronage of a higher-up, Duke Xing.

As for her second marriage, Madam Di claimed that considering that Qin Wanru had suffered a great deal from the previous experience, she had to choose someone who would be nice to Qin Wanru this time no matter what family background he had. Therefore, Madam Di took fancy to a scholar who had been a successful candidate in the imperial examination not long ago. Though the scholar was already married, he still wanted to marry Qin Wanru, so as to help him rapidly rise up in the world.