Chapter 127 Spies or Not?

The room was quiet, almost soundlessly. Qin Wanru sat behind the screen, carefully and calmly, with the paper she just wrote in her hand. Before she gave it to Chu Liuchen, footsteps outside suddenly approached. With Xiao Xuanzi's help, she took cover in the inner room quickly.

When she got into the room, she suddenly realized that she should left early but not hid here.

Well now, she could go nowhere in the inner room.

"Someone is coming, but why there is nobody talking outside?"

"What? Nothing to say when coming to my Southern Palace? If so, why did you just pretend to be friendly with me in front of uncle?" said Chu Liuchen. His slight cough broke the silence in the room, making his long white eyelashes shake. Covering with his heavy fur coat, he leaned back in his wide chair, with a kind smile in his face.

His smile was extremely beautiful, but also very pale, making him seem weak.

He leaned on the wall, weakly but elegantly, just like an Adonis walking out from a painting.

"Chu Liuchen, why did you do that?" asked Chu Liuyue. Gnashing his teeth in anger, he sat opposite to Chu Liuchen. Chu Liuyue was always calm and arrogant but once he was with Chu Liuchen, he just could not get a hold of himself. He clenched his fists, and was nearly ready to punch in Chu Liuchen's smarmy face.

Outside the window, a scream broke out suddenly during the talk.

The scream, shrill and sharp, came to all ears in the room with dying despair. Hearing the scream, Qin Wanru bit her lip to repress her tension.

Chu Liuyue suddenly stood up. When he tried to say something, another scream burst out outside the window. "D*mn you Chu Liuchen! You b*stard! You destine to die like a dog..."

Then there came the final dying screech. It was so clear that everyone knew that this shrill cry belonged to the man who just cursed Chu Liuchen.

After the shrill screech, there left a deathly stillness.

Chu Liuyue trembled with rage because he knew that both two men outside were his servants who also worked in Prince Chen Mansion before. He found an excuse to take them to his mansion. Today the reason he brought them here was to embarrass Chu Liuchen. He wanted Chu Liuchen to understand that he was nothing but a sick dead dog.

However, he did not expect that before he met Chu Liuchen, his men were caught, and even killed.

Chu Liuyue was extremely angry, not because he cherished them but because Chu Liuchen took the wind out of his sails. Chu Liuyue even had introduced these two men to his servants and deliberately spilled the beans that they worked for Chu Liuchen before. As a result, it seemed that all he did was a goose chase.

"Chu Liuchen, what do you mean?" asked Chu Liuyue. Gritting his teeth, he lumped down and glared at Chu Liuchen's pale face.

He could not wait to strangle the d*mn sick junk right now.

"Well, nothing. They were my men before but now they not only betrayed me but also cursed me. I just wonder who made them dare do these," said Chu Liuchen, staring at Chu Liuyue calmly with a casual smile. It seemed that he was not talking about two men but two birds.

Chu Liuyue thought angrily, "D*mn it! How dare the stupid junk curse Chu Liuchen before he died!" He knew that if Chu Liuchen had been innocent, the stupid junk would not have cursed him before his death.

Chu Liuchen must be deliberate. However, he did not have any evidence and witness for they died.

"Brother, do you know who instigated them to do these things?" asked Chu Liuchen unconcernedly. Chu Liuchen ranked third in the imperial household. The king gave his sons and Chu Liuchen legitimate successions in order to show he had given equal rights to Chu Liuchen, his nephew, showing that he was the third Prince in the imperial household.