Chapter 97 Swollen Hands and Unfinished Medicine

"They go with us?" though Qin Wanru had guessed it, she showed nothing but a slight surprise on her face.

"Yes, they'll go with us... We owe more to Qi's mansion!" Qin Huaiyong tightly furrowed his brow and looked pale.

Qi Ping of Magistrate Qi had got something on him for both Qin Yuru and what Madam Di had done this time. The result of their showdown was that Qi Huaiyong had to shelter Qi Rongzhi temporarily and tried to find a grand marriage for her.

"From now on, you're just closer to your mother. As for others... don't care too much!" Qin Huaiyong said while looking at Qin Wanru. And the words meant more than he said.

"Yes, I'll listen to you, father!" Qin Wanru said with great respect as if she didn't seem to catch the meaning of Qin Huaiyong's words which told her not to care too much about Madam Di.

After Qin Huaiyong left, Qin Wanru did not immediately get ready for bed but made medicine under the lamp with great carefulness. Throwing the medicine she needed into a stone mortar, she took a small pestle to pound it carefully.

Qin Wanru had asked Shui Ruolan to take these medicines up the mountain at her convenience a few days ago. In the previous days, when Shui Ruolan sent medicines to Old Grandma, she also brought a share of medicine to Qin Wanru. Qin Wanru just got it from Old Grandma, but the medicine was also tainted with the smell of Qingqu Grass.

For ordinary people, the smell of Qingqu Grass was no harm.

This was a task that Mingqiu Nun assigned to her, which was not too difficult for her at the moment. But thanks to the medicine tainted with Qingqu Grass, she was seized by a sudden inspiration and new idea.

This time, she met many people in the capital city. In her previous life, she was calculated to suffer from being annulled engagements for marriage. Those who broke off her engagements might show up again. Therefore, she must turn down them all before they proposed to the General's Mansion. But only Qing Yue was around her. Too few people she had!

She needed more useful people, particularly loyal ones!

She was satisfied with a person, intending to bring him to the capital city. And at the present, the medicine with the smell of Qingqu Grass served as a powerful means!

"Miss, may I help you? It's so late. You go to sleep, please?" Qing Yue said with concern, passing her another cup of tea when she found that it was getting late.

"No, I'll do it by myself. You don't know when to put other medicines in!" Qin Wanru said while shaking her head, with a flicker of smile shown in her eyes.

Looking at Qin Wanru, who held the pestle vigorously, which caused a large piece of a red lump in the jaws of her white and delicate hands, even with faint signs of swelling, Qing Yue distressed to say, "Miss, I have great strength. Just let me pestle, you can guide me beside. So, you can have a rest!"

Qin Wanru had a white shin as white as snow. The place on her hands where she held the handgrip of the pestle has turned red in a large piece, which could be seen clearly.

Her delicate hands have always used to take books and adjust lines. When did she hold something so hard and do such work?

"It doesn't matter. Qing Yue, you don't understand it. It's better to do it by myself!" Qin Wanru looked at the red lumps on her hands, feeling not very satisfied with her work. She continued to pestle the medicine vigorously. Although she felt very painful on her hands now, it was actually nothing serious after a night of sleep.

"Miss, please pestle it tomorrow! Haven't you ever done it all at once?" Qin Yue was really distressed about Qin Wanru's hands.

"That was before. There's not much time left, just a few days. So, I have to pestle it as quickly as possible. Moreover, at this time, the medicine is different from that of the past. It's best to get it done one time!" With her long eyelashes fluttering a few times, Qin Wanru's white and delicate face looked nearly clear under jagged shadows of the light.