Chapter 187 The Shadow in Front of the Screen Wall

The high screen wall just stood at the center of the yard and totally blocked the view of the buildings in it, filled with words of different sizes and different styles.

Qin Wanru could not help getting closer. She stared at the characters on the wall, which looked very powerful, showing that they were from a man whose wrist was brawny. However, the styles of these works were slightly different from each other. It seemed that the one who did them had started from the right side and went to the left, and those written words became more and more powerful and mature, and better. From these beautiful and vigorous characters, it could be seen that the one who wrote them was quite skilled in calligraphy.

The screen wall was used for practicing calligraphy. Qin Wanru had heard that some masters from aristocratic families would use one screen wall to do calligraphy in their court. However, she had never known that someone would use such a great wall to do this while this screen wall blocked the entrance! Ordinary people would not dare to do this or know who did this.

After staring at the screen wall, she started to watch those words, from which she could tell that the one who did this was very outstanding. As she looked at them, a figure flashed in her mind. It seemed that the man was writing something quickly and powerfully, leaving a tall and forceful view of his back while a thin figure was just walking over...

Suddenly, Qin Wanru had a splitting headache and stepped back. She closed her eyes and almost fell down as she felt faint. Yujie quickly held her as she saw her master almost fall down. She shouted hurriedly, "Lady! Lady!"

"Sister! What is going on?"

Qin Wanru supported her head and opened her eyes slowly. The sky was blue. It seemed that everything she saw was just her delusion. She slowly calmed down and stood up steadily by holding Yujie's hand. Then she set her eyes on the screen wall again and only found there were some beautiful characters but no male figure or a thin figure!

"Is everything all right, lady?" Yujie asked as she found Qin Wanru's face was pale. At that moment, she saw her lady's pretty face change from pink to deadly pale. How could she calm down?

"I am fine!" answered Qin Wanru. With difficulty, she forced a smile and took a deep breath, trying to suppress the tumbling inexplicable sorrow.

"Sister, are you sure? Or do you need to take a rest here? You could use those rooms to have a rest except the middle one!"

Shao Yuanhao grasped the bottom of her clothes and spoke worriedly. He was totally freaking out when he saw Qin Wanru suddenly faint.

"Don't worry, Hao'er. I am fine now. But who, who did this?" asked Qin Wanru.

"It was my father. They were all written by him. I heard that my father did calligraphy at a very young age. Sometimes he would practice here. Those words on the wall were all written by him. Come and have a look, sister." Shao Yuanhao held Qin Wanru's hand and took her to see the back of this wall. The other side was also filled with characters except for one place on which there was nothing.

"Sister, look. They all say that this place was left by my father to let me do calligraphy here!" said Shao Yuanhao proudly.

So that meant that this was the place where the dead heir of Duke Xing lived!

"Hao'er's father was so great!" When she saw this little kid try to stand up straight in front of his father's works, Qin Wanru felt like crying. A kind of unspeakable sorrow burst out. Qin Wanru bit her lips and tried to suppress her feeling and she talked to Shao Yuanhao with a softer voice.