Chapter 118 The Material was thrown out by the Young Lady

"What's going on here?" Qin Wanru's gaze fell on the brocades held by the two old women behind. The brocade which was supposed to be flat seemed to be wrinkled. Although it was not very obvious, Qin Wanru noticed it.

"Just now... The Young Lady accidentally knocked it off." The supervisor of the sewing room answered while trembling with fear.

Meeting the masters and having offended one of the masters, she dared not make any more mistakes. Otherwise, she would no longer be the supervisor of this sewing room.

The servants in the mansion were also well-informed. They knew it was Madam Shui who was in charge of the mansion, not Madam Di. Qin Wanru was the daughter of Madam Shui, so she needed to offer better service than the Young Lady.

"Thrown out by big sister?" Qin Wanru looked at the awkward face of the supervisor and smiled gently.

"Yes!" After having eye contact with Qin Wanru's clear eyes which seemed to see through people, the supervisor lowered her head and dared not to lie. This Second Miss looked young, but her behavior was much better than that Young Lady. She actually thought Qin Wanru looked generous.

The supervisor of the sewing room had just sold herself to the mansion. She used to work in some big embroidery workshops and had seen many young ladies. She felt that the younger Second Miss had good bearing. She was comparable with the misses from those families with hundreds of years of history. For a moment, the supervisor started to respect her.

"Why did she throw it away?" asked Qin Wanru as her slender fingers fiddled with the teacup in front of her.

"She said... that these materials are not what she wanted!" The old supervisor said with a tremor.

"Let me see!" Qin Wanru said gently.

The supervisor immediately let two women behind her send the brocade to the square table in the middle and spread it so that Qin Wanru could choose carefully.

Because it was winter, this season's material was relatively thick. The patterns were also well-picked. There were minimalist and baroque styles. The supervisor was prepared to take care of everyone's preferences.

Qin Yuru liked to show her temperament as a talented woman in front of people, so she preferred plain and white materials. But in winter, this kind of material was in short supply. The few materials in front of her were elegant and beautiful, but apparently Qin Yuru did not care for them.

Qin Wanru reached out her hand and touched a light yellow cloth with some faint mei flower buds. She placed her hand on the cloth. The cloth matched her skin color very well and made her snow-like skin even more snow-like.

Then, Qin Wanru picked a light pink cloth with a small piece of green bamboo leaves. This material looked good and alsomatched her skin very well. It was also suitable for her age.

After winter was the Chinese New Year. In New Year, everyone wanted the young people to wear beautiful and celebratory clothes. As for those plain and white clothes, people wouldn't like those in a banquet with elders.

Qin Wanru picked four pieces of cloth which fit her skin color well. Four clothes for one season was the rule in Jiangzhou.

"Miss, Madam Shui said that each miss would make two more clothes," the supervisor said.

Qin Wanru remembered that they had just arrived at the capital, and there might be a lot of banquets to attend.

So, she picked another two pieces of cloth.

After picking the cloth, her measurements were taken. Qing Yue, who was beside her, helped the supervisor to measure. After it was finished, Qing Yue looked at the numbers and looked at Qin Wanru with a gloomy face. "Miss, you still haven't grown taller!"