Chapter 142 Rip Down the Veil of Tenderness

It happened so suddenly that everyone failed to respond timely. Qin Wanru unconsciously wanted to drag something. Feeling her wrist wrapped around a piece of clothes, she dragged it hard. Someone reached out to pull her, and she staggered and finally stood firm.

"Di Fenglan, what do you mean by doing that?" It was a bright girl who stood beside Qin Wanru and reached out to pull her. She was dressed in red clothes, which made her face seem gorgeous.

Although red was a bit tawdry, it made her look brisk. At this moment, she held Qin Wanru's hand, while unfriendly looking at a girl beside Qin Yuru. The girl wore a colorful peacock blue dress with gold brocade. She looked extremely eye-catching with a bit of pride and disdain in her eyes.

Glancing at Qin Wanru and the girl in red clothes, she pulled up her sleeves, patted it gently, and then raised her eyes arrogantly and said in a sharp voice, "Yan Xulan, I accidentally fell down. Does it have anything to do with you? What makes you so angry? What's the matter? Do you find me unpleasing to the eye?"

It was she who crashed into Qin Wanru.

Qin Wanru glanced at the fence behind her, and there was a trace of rage across her eyes. Between the two fences, there was a gap. If Yan Xulan hadn't pulled her, she would directly fall out.

"Di Fenglan, it is not your Duke Yong's Mansion. Don't think that no one can do anything to you!" Yan Xulan said coldly.

"Yan Xulan, what do you want to do? You don't need to say that even if you find me unpleasing to the eye. Qin Wanru did not say anything, but you argue with me for defending her. What do you mean?"

Di Fenglan said, arrogantly glancing at Qin Wanru, with disdain on her face.

Yan Xulan blushed in anger. However, she did not see it clearly and didn't know Qin Wanru. Qin Wanru hadn't said anything, so she was in no position to express her opinion. She turned around to say to Qin Wanru, "Miss Qin, tell us if she deliberately pushed you. Don't be afraid. All of us can testify for you!"

Her words made everyone fix their eyes on Qin Wanru.

Countess Yong arrogantly withdrew her gaze from Shui Ruolan and stared at Qin Wanru. She was just a half-grown child and came from a small place in the countryside. Countess Yong did not say anything, but stared at her with scornful eyes which were exactly the same as Di Fenglan's.

She did not believe that Qin Wanru dared to say anything at this moment. Even if Di Fenglan bullied her, so what?

Qin Yuru did not talk either with a glimmer of smugness across her eyes. Nevertheless, she pretended to be at a loss, standing there in a daze with no idea how to deal with it.

Everyone stared at her in different ways. Some of them sympathized with her, some took pleasure in her misfortune, and some just watched the scene for fun. Di Fenglan and Yan Xulan could talk in this way in Rui'an Great Elder Princess's Mansion, but it didn't mean that others could also do that.

Zhaoyi Di and Zhaoyi Yan in the palace could be considered the emperor's favorite concubines. With their identities, Rui'an Great Elder Princess would definitely think highly of them. That was the reason why they dared to argue here.

But, what powerful connections did Qin Wanru have?

Almost everyone could imagine that she would inevitably meekly accept it or pretend to be generous and thinking nothing of it.

"She deliberately pushed me!" Qin Wanru looked up and fixed her sharp eyes on Di Fenglan. Countess Yong's face slightly changed, but Qin Wanru looked up at Di Fenglan and said without being servile or bumptious. After that, she looked towards the gap. With a slope paved with pebbles, if she fell from this position, she wouldn't just have a slight injury.