Chapter 96 Qi Baiyu's Plans

"Go to the capital city? Why do you want to go there?" Qin Wanru's smile froze on her face by the sudden news.

In his previous life, Qi Baiyu went to the capital city several years later. Although Magistrate Qi would exalt someone to a higher position, one had to wait for a few years. After going to the capital city, where Qi Baiyu was appreciated and promoted by one person, he would become an official in a few short years.

"If Qi Tianyu can go to the capital city, why can't I? I stay there to watch Qi Rongzhi falling ill and behaving like a stupid?" Qi Baiyu wore a smile as if he got over something. "If Qi Rongzhi stayed here, now her reputation is no better than that of Qin Yuru!"

"So?" Qin Wanru didn't catch what he said. She blinked her bright eyes and then widened the eyes in an instant when an idea crossed her mind. "You mean, Qi Rongzhi goes to the capital city, too?"

"Why not? In her case, it's impossible to find a grand marriage for her in Jiangzhou again." Qi Baiyu laughed. When hitting upon such an idea just now, he just felt much well indeterminately. But after the chat with Qin Wanru, he was instantly purposeful.

His playmate and "good brother" both were going to the capital city. Then what did he stay for?

"After Qi Tianyu achieves success and wins recognition one day, he'll look down on me all the more?"

He used to have few ambitions about himself. Although he was not a favorite in Magistrate Qi, he was at least the son of the magistrate. So, he was treated respectfully outside. He didn't want anything but wine and food and hanging around with his friends.

Although what had happened recently seemed to have little to do with him, in fact, all of those things were almost connected to him completely: his hypocritical elder brother, partial father, mean sister, unkind legal mother. Everything compelled him to grow up quickly these days.

An idea even faintly came to him that if he really did nothing, he might fall behind Qi Tianyu forever. Qi Tianyu could do whatever he wanted if Qi Tianyu intended to frame him up and make him a scapegoat. Men and women were different. Reputation was not so important, but the commitment was!

"So, Qi Rongzhi will also go to the capital city. Can you go there with her in the name of escorting her?" Qin Wan analyzed.

"My father can't leave home, nor can my mother. So, I'm the only one who can take her to the capital city!" Qi Baiyu said with a sly grin, with a sense of responsibility.

There was always something wrong to leave a girl to go to the capital city alone, not to mention Qi Rongzhi, who would always stir up trouble. Who knew what would happen if she went there alone?

And she couldn't stay in Jiangzhou Prefecture any more now!

"Where do you live after you go to the capital city?" Qin Wanru frowned, still feeling a little uneasy.

"We have a house in the capital city, where Qi Tianyu lives there now. If Qi Rongzhi and I go to the capital city, we will also live together. And Qi Tianyu has always been praised himself as a modest gentleman, it's certainly impossible to refuse me, his younger brother. He's even more kind to me, for the capital city isn't Jiangzhong. My father has no power!"

Qi Baiyu said in a careless manner.

"What do you want to do when you go to the capital city?" Qin Wanru couldn't even get out of the house in her previous life, so she totally had no idea about how Qi Baiyu was valued by others. There was no good way. She was afraid that it was not necessarily a good thing for Qi Baiyu because he was too young to be in the capital city now.