Chapter 99 It's a Form of Happiness to be Ignorant

By the time Qin Wanru returned to Old Grandma's yard, Yujie was already by her side, dressed as a maid.

The clothes Yujie were wearing belonged to Qingyue. Both of them were of similar build and height, and Qingyue's clothes fitted perfectly on Yujie.

Yujie really looked like a courteous maid of a big family after changing out of her nun's robes. Her natural character was polite, and it fit into the situation perfectly.

Nun Yujie looked clean and fresh when dressed as a maid, and it made Old Grandma feel very happy. On one hand, she felt that Nun Mingqiu and the Mistress of Jingxin Monastery had put in much effort, while on the other hand, she sensed that the young nun did grow up in the nunnery. She looked calm and poised, completely devoid of the rashness normally associated with her youth.

She would serve as a good assistant, if she remained with Zhuozhuo.

As such, it was decided that Yujie would follow by Qin Wanru's side and serve as her chief maid. She would also follow Qin Wanru down the mountain.

On the very day that she descended, the mistress of Jingxin Monastery and Mingqiu Nun came to send her.

Qin Wanru and Yujie bid the two seniors farewell respectfully and boarded the horse carriage together. It traveled down toward the General's Mansion.

"Sister, you really shouldn't be so concerned. It's been so many years, and perhaps he's already long forgotten about it...why do you have to put yourself through this?" the mistress of Jingxin Monastery turned to ask her younger fellow female disciple softly as she watched the carriage from the General's Mansion leave.

"It's all in the past...it's been so long, so we shouldn't be thinking about that. Big Sister, I'm very good now and at peace with myself...isn't a life that won't be disrupted by others supposed to be lived like this?" Nun Mingqiu said softly and gently as she turned, her elegant face calm and peaceful, completely devoid of any sign that she minded what the mistress just said.

The mistress of Jingxin Monastery opened her mouth as she considered whether to mention the matter of the medication on Qin Wanru, but she sighed after seeing the extremely peaceful expression of Nun Mingqiu, which made her look like a venerable nun about to pass away, and stopped herself from trying to persuade her further.

She did not know if it was better to speak further or not. If she had really gave it up, why would she be concerned about going or meeting him?

There were some things, however, that she could not try to persuade the mistress about, even though she was her senior. She could only try to console her and help her lead a peaceful and quiet life.

She was not sure, but perhaps this was a form of happiness.

By the time Qin Wanru and Old Grandma returned to the General's Mansion, Shui Ruolan was already waiting at the parking lot of the mansion with a few attendants.

She hurried over with Nanny Duan upon seeing the Old Grandma's carriage draw nearer. It seemed that the old lady had rested well at Jingxin Monastery over this period of time; she seemed to be in good spirits.

The procession helped the old lady toward the backyard and into her own yard. After greeting her again and sitting her down, Nanny Duan got some attendants to serve tea. Only after everything was done did she wave her hands to dismiss the others.

"Is the packing going to be done?" the Old Grandma asked after drinking a sip of tea and catching her breath.

"Almost done. There are a few important things that I don't know if I should bring along; I'll need to ask for Mother's advice!" Shui Ruolan replied respectfully.