Mafiafell Sans x Reader

"Your usual, Y/n?"

"You know me well."

The flaming bartender slightly nodded at your answer and got to work at getting the bottles on the wall behind him.

"Rough day?"

"Very."

He placed your drink in front of you and returned to cleaning the bar as he was before you arrived.

"You're lucky we're friends, or else I'd have to charge you extra for coming in after hours."

"Heh, yeah. Thanks for this though, Grillby. I won't be long, just need something to take the edge off, ya know?"

He nodded his head at your statement, he knew how bad days at work and cruddy bosses could be, he definitely wasn't judging you for coming in after the day you'd had.

"Y/n, you know, if you ever want to quit your other job, you could always work here. I could always use a new bartender."

You smiled at his rare kindness, though being friends with him for as long as you had, it wasn't that rare anymore.

"That sounds great honestly. Anything's better than working for a bunch of stuck up douchebags."

"So, you wanna start next week?"

"Sure, let me grab my last paycheck and I'll be here."

And that was how you got your new job, your much better job as well. Getting paid for working with one of your best friends was much better than anything at your old company.

Getting to know the monsters around the city was also quite the experience, a good one though.

Anyone that even so much as looked you wrong got an evil glare from Grillby and some of the other patrons.

One of them being one of Grillby's other close friends, Sans, the skeleton and mob boss of one of the most powerful families in the city.

You two had clicked immediately. Being a friend of Grillby's definitely helped you there, Sans had been told about you before, and apparently he had liked what he heard.

He, honestly, scared you at first, not because he was a monster or anything, but a freaking mafia leader, well, alongside his brother.

He was powerful, very powerful, always having a duo of men with him in case he ran into a rival, of course he probably didn't need them, he was just as magically powerful as his reputation was.

But, with a little talking down from Grillby about not being worried about him, you quickly befriended him.

Only issue was, the guy could flirt without even trying. The fact that he'd called you either sweetheart or doll more than he had your actual name didn't help.

It sure didn't take long for him to grow on you either. He was always a nice break from some of the others in the bar, often breaking up fights so you'd have less to clean up.

You knew damn well how you felt about him, you were head over heels.

You just weren't sure about how he felt. The fact that you were Grillby's friend and the person who gave him his drinks was probably why he was so nice to you.

You often thought about this, especially after hours time when the bar was closed, you were stuck cleaning up, all you could do was think.

You heard the door open while you were wiping down the counters, so ready to leave you didn't even stop to talk.

"Sorry bud, we're closed."

"I know, but I need to ask you somethin'."

Your head shot up at the gravelly voice you'd come to know so well.