Fresh Ink x Child Reader

Requested by mahnamedoesntmatter

"Y/n, run! Now! I'll come find you when it's safe."

Your guardian had told you to go hide from whatever was destroying your home. No one knew what it was, it was like it was just, fading, disappearing.

As much as you fought to stay by their side, they begged until you did as they asked.

You ran as far from the destruction as you could, though it only continued spreading until you were practically trapped.

You watched as the white nothingness had crept closer to you until escape was practically impossible.

You covered your face, awaiting whatever it would do to you, not moving until you felt someone grab your wrist.

The fear and adrenaline in your body had made it where you had hardly noticed they had taken you away from your crumbing home.

Once you were able to focus again, you figured you were already gone, everything was pure white and quiet, maybe you had imagined that someone saved you to ease your fear.

"Kid, you alright?"

Nope, you did not imagine them.

You shot around to finally see who had helped you, of course, you were still scared and couldn't form the words to tell your rescuer you were fine.

The fact that they were a skeleton didn't help your nerves at all.

They immediately took notice to the new look of few that crossed your face at seeing them.

"Woah, woah, hey. I ain't gonna hurt ya, you're safe kid."

"W-what...what happened?"

He sighed and had you sit as he knelt on one knee in front of you.

"I...I don't know how to explain this, bud, but your home...it's gone."

You immediately felt tears fill your eyes and you rested your head on your knees and covered it with your arms.

He allowed you to cry as long as you needed, after everything that had happened, he knew it would do you good.

Eventually you had dozed off, your adrenaline had stopped flowing and you were worn out.

You knew that falling asleep in a strange place was not the greatest idea but you couldn't stop yourself.

You had no idea how long you had been out but the feeling of slowly waking up on a soft surface had made you hope it was all just a nightmare.

But you were proven wrong once you opened your eyes and saw a group of skeletons, including the one who saved you, looking at you with concerned looks in their eyelights.

You shot up and moved back to the arm of the couch they had laid you on.

"Human, there's no need to panic, we're harmless, you're safe here."

The skeleton with blue eyelights attempted to calm you down, which worked after a while when you had finally adjusted to your new environment.

You were still highly suspicious of the four but you were saved by one of them, you deserved to give them the benefit of the doubt.

"Where am I now?"

Your rescuer had spoken up.

"I brought you to Underswap, it's safer."

You were immediately confused. Underswap, what was that supposed to mean?

But after a few minutes of explanation you slightly understood, as well as you knew you were from an Au called Xtale.