Dream x Winged Reader

Requested by KayMay26

"Come on f/n ( friends name), keep up," I yelled to my friend while we were flying to our favorite hangout spot.

"I'm trying, it's not my fault you have bigger wings than me", they yelled back. I laughed as I continued gliding.

We finally reached the spot. It was an extremely tall pine tree with a large branch hanging over a lake. We'd loved the spot since we were kids.

Below was a small town of monster/bird hybrids, I was friends with a couple of them, Sans, Papyrus and some other monsters.

"I'll be right back imma go see the monsters", I said pushing myself off the branch. F/n nodded and leaned back against the tree.

I dove down to the village and landed in the middle of town. I looked around but didn't see anyone. I began walking around, it was liked everyone disappeared.

I heard what sounded like a laugh, an almost glitched laugh. I snuck over to where I heard it. Standing there was a black boned skeleton with red and yellow eyes with error signs around him, as well as blue strings holding up a monster.

There were also 3 other skeletons, one with color vials around his body and a giant paintbrush, another wearing a blue and white "battle body" as I remember Papyrus calling it. And a third with a blue shirt, golden cape and crown, almost like a prince or something.

The ink covered one broke the strings holding the other monster. Seeing the opportunity I flew in and grabbed them. Times like these are when I'm glad I was forced to take flying lessons.

I got them out of the battle and they ran away, I however didn't get so lucky. As soon as I was gonna fly away something wrapped around my wings.

I turned back to see the same blue strings that had the monster holding my wings. I felt the strings pull me back to where the battle was occuring.

I tried to open my wings or break the strings but these things acted like they were made of steel. They continued until I was at the feet of the glitching skeleton. "ThIs WiLl TeAcH yOu To NoT iNtErFeRe WiTh My PlAnS", he barked before the strings started to tighten.

That's when it hit me, he was trying to break my wings. I tried to struggle, tried to fight back but I was held in place.

"LET HER GO", the golden skeleton yelled while running over. I felt the strings release me and my  f/c wings fell to my sides, broken, like he wanted.

I tried to move them but all that came was pain, enough to make me black out.

I have no clue how long I was out but I woke up somewhere that definitely wasn't home. It was a room with light yellow walls, and for some reason it was calming almost.

I tried to sit up but my limp wings held me down. I looked back at them, I wish I hadn't. Sure they were mostly bandaged up but they were mangled. Many of my feathers were gone, places on my wings were mishaped, due to broken bones probably.

I couldn't feel them, that's when I got scared.

"Hello, anyone," I yelled hoping to get someone's attention. And I did thankfully. Who walked in was the same skeleton that had tried to help me before I fainted.

"Oh good your awake," he said relieved. Something about him just put me at ease and I felt a little more relaxed. "How long was I out," I asked.

"Not to long, I was mostly worried if you'd be in pain when you woke up", he said glancing at my injured wings. "No actually, I can't... feel them at all", I said sadly.

I needed my wings, I'm a freaking hybrid, it's what makes me, well me. I loved flying, racing, gliding, it just made me feel free.

"According to the doctor that looked at them, they are temporarily paralyzed, he didn't say when you'd get feeling back but it shouldn't be long", he said with hope in his voice.

"Did he say if I'll be able to fly again," he looked down as I asked that, "I'll take that as a no", I said.

"No, not for sure, it's possible but you will have to go through training and therapy most likely", he said.

I let out a small sigh and ran my hand down one of my wings, nothing.

"Y/n", I said. He looked confused and asked what I was talking about. "My name, you saved me. I think you at least deserve to know my name", I answered.

He smiled warmly. "I'm Dream, and it wasn't me alone who saved you, my teammates Ink and Blue helped too", he explained.

"But who attacked me", I asked. "That was Error, I don't really know why he did it. But I do know you were really brave, trying to help that monster he attacked," he looked back at my wings, "even if it got you hurt."

"Ok one more quick question, why do you all look like my friend Sans", I asked. He tried his best to explain. Saying that I was apparently from a universe called Birdtale and he was from Dreamtale.

I nodded, still confused but a little more informed at least.

I stayed there awhile, I eventually did get feeling back in my wings and could move them again, even though it hurt badly. Dream was always there to talk to me and help me when I was in pain.

He brought Ink and Blue around me alot too, we all became friends quick. Something about Dream was different from the other two.

I guess the knight in shining armor feel I got from him was apart of that, he kinda did save my life so.

We got closer by the day and spent more time together. He helped me during physical therapy and helped me keep my wings groomed.

Yet as great as having him around was I was more focused on flying. I've been trying but I can barely get off the ground.

"Y/n you ready to practice flying again," Dream asked. I nodded and walked out of my room. We had an area cleared out for me to practice.

Ink and Blue where already out there waiting. "You think I'll actually get anywhere today Dream", I asked, he never failed to cheer me up.

"Of course your getting better and better each day," he said cheerfully with a smile plastered across his skull.

I smiled back and flapped my wings a bit, preparing to fly. He walked over the others and watched.

I took a deep breath and cleared my mind, only focusing on flight. I felt myself lift off the ground. Opened my eyes to see me a few meters in the air.  I threw my hands up in celebration, the guys cheering me on below.

I slowly drifted to the ground and Dream hugged me. I hugged back, my wings wrapping around him involuntary. He backed away with a slight yellow blush on his face.

We walked back to my room to let my wings relax. "Hey Dream thanks for helping through all this ya know. It means... more than you can imagine", I thanked him.

"Of course, besides if I hadn't helped you that day I wouldn't have met the best girl in the world," he said, then quickly tried to cover up what he had said, failing.

"Dream", he looked at me, face purely yellow. My wings wrapped around him to pull him towards me. I held his hands and kissed him. He froze and gripped my hands tighter. He slowly but surely kissed back.

My wings fell back to my side for him to wrap his arms around my waist, mine around his neck. He pulled away still holding my waist. "I've wanted to do that for... so long", he said leaning his forehead against mine.

He began stroking my wings, knowing that would make me tired. I layed across his lap as he brushed them. "I love you Dream", I said sleepily.

"I love you too Y/n, more than you can imagine."