Dream x Dragon! Daughter! Reader

Requested by KayMay26

Dream's P.O.V

"Dream do you have any idea where you're going," Ink asked. "Of course I do," I said earning a skeptical look from him. "Ok maybe not, but I'm sure it's around here somewhere."

Honestly I wasn't sure what I was looking for but there was something important out here, I just had a feeling.

"Dream, can we just go, we've been out here for almost three hours," Blue whined. "Alright but after we see what's in that cave, deal," I said pointing to a small cave ahead of us.

He nodded and we teleported over. It was empty from what we could see, it seemed like there was something in there at one point.

"Uh, hey Dream come look at this," Ink said from the corner of the cave. He had found a large (f/c) egg.

"I don't think we should just leave it. I looked around and it seems like nothing has been here in days," I said examining it more.

"Alright but you're taking care of whatever's in there," he responded. "Ok, I'll take this home so it'll warm up, see ya guys," I said before teleporting home.

After making a makeshift nest out of blankets to keep it warm I started looking through some books to find what kind of egg this was.

Everything I found pointed towards dragons and dragon hybrids. It seemed it was a hybrid egg since normal dragon eggs were scaled and this one was smooth.

"What have you gotten yourself into Dream," I whispered to myself looking back at the egg.

After a week of waiting a small crack appeared on it's right side. Once it was fully out all that was in the nest was a small (f/c) dragon with bright, almost glowing, (e/c) eyes.

I turned away to grab a blanket to clean them up only to turn back to see a human baby with (f/c) wings and tail with the same glowing eyes.

I did read that a hybrids magic is a little unstable at first so they may shift from dragon to human for a bit.

"Hi there sweetheart," I said wrapping the baby, which I now knew was female, in a blanket.

"You need a name don't ya. I'll call you Y/n, how's that," I said and she let out a cute giggle.

"Alright now, how the heck do I take care of a baby," I said nervously.

*Time skip 16 years*

"Hey Dad I'm gonna go hang out with Uncle Blue for a bit," Y/n said. "Alright, be careful," I responded before she hugged me goodbye and opening a portal.

Apparently with the magic she already had she also had the power to travel between universes. Which is cool but she could go anywhere in the multiverse.

That means she could run into Error or Dust, even Nightmare. She usually just went to Underswap since she was very close with Blue and was good friends with Chara.

And of course I trust her to stay true to her word, but I guess being a dad comes with a lot more stress than I had thought.

And after being gone for almost six hours my stress was gone and turned into fear. She should have been back almost three and a half hours ago.

"Dream!," Blue yelled, teleporting to my living room. He scared me, not only that he came out of nowhere but that he looked scared too. "Dream, Nightmare took Y/n," he said frantically.

"What, when," I asked jumping up. "Not long ago. He attacked Underswap and me and Papyrus tried our best to fight but he got away," he said sadly.

My fear then morphed right into anger. How dare he take my daughter.

"Do you know where they went,"I asked. "Ink's trying to track him down," he said. Ink eventually teleported in to say he found were she had been taken.

"I swear by time I'm done with him he'll be nothing more than a pile of dust," I said angrily. "I don't blame you but let's just focus on getting her first," Ink said trying to get me to focus.

"Right, let's go. We need to get her before anything can happen," I said as we teleported to Nightmare's castle.

"Now chances are someone gonna be guarding her so we need to be ready to fight," I said looking around for any of the bad guys.

"She's probably down in a jail cell, that's where we should try first," Ink said. We spent a good fifteen minutes just trying to find the cells.

Dust was standing in front of one of the cell doors making us assume that's where she was. Ink and Blue quietly snuck up on him and subdued him before he could alert the others.

I ran over to the cell to see Y/n in the corner curled up in a ball, it was heartbreaking. My job as her dad was to keep her safe and I didn't.

"Y/n, honey," I said making her lift her head up. "Dad," she yelled running to the bars, "I don't know what happened, I-I was just in Underswap and-."

"I know, Blue told me what happened. It's ok now, we're getting you out," I said using a bone to break the doors lock.

She ran out and hugged me. "It's ok sweetheart, now let's go home."

"Did you think it would be that easy," a voice asked from behind us. Y/n stepped behind me at hearing it.

"Stay away from her Nightmare," I growled. "Oh come on Dream, I just wanted to meet my only niece."

"There's a reason you've never met her," I said grabbing her arm. "And you'll never see her again," I said telling the guys to teleport away as I took her home.

She hugged me again, almost shaking from the encounter with Nightmare. "I'm sorry Dad," she said while I tried to calm her down.

"It's ok honey. Now let's just relax for a bit and get you calmed down," she nodded. "Can we go sit under your tree, it always makes me feel better," she asked.

"Sure."

I'll deal with Nightmare later, but right now, my little girl needs me.

(I would have had this out so much sooner but I keep getting distracted, that's also why it's not the best one I've put out)