Ghost Rider! Fell x Reader pt. 2

The ride back to your apartment was... uncomfortable, to say the least.

You didn't even know where to start with Sans, and he didn't want to risk saying anything to make the situation worse.

How could he hide something like that from you.

Ok yeah, sure, you would have been confused, scared probably. But dammit, you wouldn't have gotten kidnapped!

He pulled into your building's parking lot, staying in his seat while to got out.

"You coming in or not?"

He nodded and pulled the keys out of the ignition and followed behind you like a guilty puppy who knew he was in major trouble.

"Kitchen table, now. You better have a good explanation," you commanded once you made it to your apartment.

You sat down across from him, not even sure where to begin this conversation.

...

"Did you know any of that was gonna happen?"

He looked shocked, "babe, 'course not. Why would I jus' let somethin' like that happen to ya?"

"Well then how did you get there so quick?"

"That...wasn't me, it was him."

"The Rider, or whatever the hell that skeleton thing is?"

He nodded, looking like he wasn't quite sure how to explain this.

"Been callin' him Red for a while now. He won't tell me his real name."

"Hold on, you talk to him?!"

"We can hear each other's thoughts."

Alright, that makes about as much sense as everything else that has happened tonight.

"...what is, 'Red', you asked, partially wondering why Sans couldn't know his real name, being, y'know, a part of him and all.

"...before I explain, can ya promise ta stay calm. Please, jus' hear me out."

You hesitantly nodded, not so positive if this was a promise you could keep.

"...alright. Way back before we met...Papyrus got, he got really sick, we didn't even know with what. We didn't have tha money ta get a doctor, we didn't even have our dad, it hadn't even been a year since we lost him. I was workin' late shifts every night, I had several part timers, it was a nightmare."

You had no clue where this was leading, but it wasn't anywhere good.

"I was at tha garage downtown on a late night. Some dude walked in, said he could cure Paps. I don't know why I didn't ask more questions, I half assumed he was a doctor for some stupid reason. I...don't remember a lot about that night, just that I had some hope for tha first time in a long while."

He sighed, like he had so force himself to keep talking.

"Papyrus was up an' amazin' tha next day. Like nothin' ever happened," Sans smiled at the memoy if his brother.

"We went out that day, jus', to celebrate I guess, heh...but we lived in the worst part of town, there were shootings, gang violence...and I knew that."

"I fuckin' knew," he yelled as he slammed one of his fists onto the table, "I was jus...we were so happy, I-I wasn't...I'm a fuckin' idiot."

You hesitantly laid your hand over his, his fist loosened at your touch.

"The night after, I was in our apartment, tryin' to figure out the hell I was supposed to do next. I was mad at everythin'. I was mad at myself...but that night was tha first time Red showed up."

"I don't remember it, at all. It was jus' a ton of pain an' heat an' I woke up the next mornin' in an alley. Saw all tha destruction in tha city an' couldn't figure out what happened. That's when Red and I started talkin'."

"He told me that guy I made a deal with was a demon. Only I could do somethin' that damn stupid."

More demons?

"Anyway, as Red took control more, I finally learned how ta see through his eyes, I knew everythin' he did. Everythin' he destroyed, everyone he killed. It took forever ta actually have any control over him."

"I thought that was my life, have ta exist durin' tha day, and let him have control at night. I hate ta say it, but at tha time, I just couldn't give a fuck. Nothin' seemed to matter anymore."

His grip on your hand slightly momentarily.

"An' then I met you. That day at tha bar, ya were everythin' I'd been needin'."

"Yeah, I remember that day, we talked till about sundown, you left in such a hurry," you added, you found Sans kind of, well, strange, the first time you'd met him.

That changed quickly as the two of you started meeting up every day. Same bar. Same time. Hell, even the same barstools.

"I didn't wanna keep any of this from ya. But I was fuckin terrified of scaring ya off. Yer tha best thing that's ever happened ta me, I didn't wanna risk losin' ya...lotta good that did."

Your anger had lessened slightly, more or less out of sympathy.

"I get it. I would've been scared to say anything. But that would've been infinitely better than finding out like this."

He nodded, he knew there wasn't a way to apologize. Nothing was gonna make up for hiding a frickin skeleton demon from you.

He fucked this up.

"...I'll jus', I'll leave ya alone...I'm so sorry, sweetheart."

He stood up from his seat, acting like he was having to restrain himself from just bolting to the door.

Which luckily gave you time to rush over from your side of the table and grab his hand.

"Woah, you don't have to leave," you sighed, "look, I'm upset, of course I am...but you made that deal trying to do the right thing, you did it for your brother. Your heart was in the right place."

"So...if you wanna stay and tell me more, well, I'd be happy to listen."

He smiled. He was positive he'd lost you forever.

Yet, here you were, asking him to stay.

You just gave back the little bit of hope he still had left.

"Just one thing, Sans."

"Yeah, anythin'."

"You don't keep any part of this from me again, got it?"

"Got it, sweetheart."