Cross x Scared! Younger Sister Reader

Requested by MorganLeFox. Can ya tell this is a little rushed? Yeah, sorry about that but I was determined to get this thing done tonight, nothing was stopping me.

Also I did change the age for the reader to be 10 or 11, so hope you don't mind that.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Y/n, stay down."

You did as you were told and stayed out of sight as your guardian, or uncle as you called him, ran out in an attempt to stop the attacking monsters, or at least distract them until he could get help.

In your hiding place, you clung tight to the miniature stuffed bear in your arms, fingers digging into the fabric so much you were afraid you'd damaged it.

You heard nothing but the sounds of blasters mixed with shouting and yelling from the Snowdin residents in the background, making you all the more scared.

No, it would be fine, uncle Blue would never let anything happen to you, he swore he'd keep you safe.

You couldn't even defend yourself yet if it came to it, Blue and Paps tried to teach you to use your magic, they were the best suited for the job since you were a skeleton as well, but you never got the hang of it.

You were terrified that it would make you an easy target.

Despite the sounds of the battle raging behind you, you just barely peeked your head above the object keeping you hidden, quickly noticing how Blue was greatly struggling against the other skeletons, all of whom resembled him.

They all reminded you of your brother as well.

Without being able to stop yourself in time, you yelled out to him, unfortunately catching the attention of one of the enemies.

You quickly got up and bolted away, only to have him teleport straight in front of you, immobilizing you with a purple tinted magic.

"Y/n!"

You heard Blue call your name, being withheld by magic as well, only red instead of the violet glow that was around you. You could see him struggling as much as he could to get lose, get to you.

But you didn't see him break free, since the next thing you saw were the jet black walls of a place you'd never seen before.

Still held in place by magic, as well as a tight grip on your arm as you were lead to a rather large throne of sorts, another skeleton sitting upon it, looking more terrifying than the attackers.

"Dust, why, pray tell, would you bring a child here?"

He was less scary before he talked.

"She's got some bond with Swap, might could use her as bait."

Bait?! What on Earth did they have against your uncle?

"For now, just make sure she can't get away, if he actually cares for her, he'll try to get her out. Put Cross on guard."

The skeleton who'd brought you, or Dust as he was apparently called, nodded and roughly yanked your arm so you'd follow him.

You were quickly led into a cell and then you were alone again. No one, not even your bear, who you hadn't noticed till now you'd dropped.

Great, now the only thing you had left of your oldest brother was gone. Your uncle's were gone, as well as your best friend, a kind-hearted human named Chara.

With no clue on what else to do in your situation, you sat on the cool floor of the cell and curled your ames around your legs, hiding your skull in your knees, letting (m/c) tears flow from your eyesockets as you couldn't hold them in any longer.

Every little sound made you jump, were they coming back, did they change their minds about using you as bait and just decided to get rid of you instead?

Eventually you heard a noise that you knew was footsteps, fearing the worst from whoever was approaching your cell.

The fact that it was another skeleton wasn't a surprise to you, but who it appeared to be sure was.

You knew the other skeletons resembled your brother, but this was ridiculous.

That couldn't be him. Surely he wouldn't be here, he wouldn't be working for the bad guys, he couldn't.

"Sans?"

He didn't even turn to look at you.

"I don't know where they found you, but I assure you, I'm not the Sans you know."

Wait, so every skeleton you'd seen, was a version of your brother, you'd known about Blue being another version, but that was it.

"Oh...sorry, you just...reminded me of my big brother."

That caught his attention.

He spun around to look through the bars of the cell, immediately unlocking the door and throwing it open.

"Oh my God, Y/n, they didn't hurt you did they, I should've known better than to leave you in Underswap."

You cut off his ranting by jumping up and hugging him tightly, it had been so long since you'd seen him last, though he really wished it was through this set of circumstances.

"I missed you, Sans."

You felt him hug back just as tightly, reminding you of the bear hugs he'd give you back home whenever you got home from school.

What had happened to those times? When you, Sans and Papyrus were just trying to be normal monsters, normal siblings and making your dad's life more interesting and frankly chaotic.

But here you were, not understanding why he was working for the bad guys, why he'd left you in the first place. Sure, you loved Underswap and the monsters there, but he was the only blood family you had left.

"I missed you too, I'm sorry."

He released you and did a quick check of yours arms to make sure you hadn't been injured by the others.

Once he was sure you were fine, he teleported you out of the cell and into a pretty much black and white room, you knew it had to be his since it practically matched his outfit perfectly.

"Well, this is a problem, I can't just take you back, they'd go looking for you, and if they knew I let you go, I wouldn't see tomorrow."

Well, that certainly wasn't very reassuring.

After a good few minutes and a lot of talking to himself, he came up with an idea.

Whether it was a good one or not was based on his bosses response to it.

You'd ended up back in the throne room, not really excited to see the black goop colored skeleton again so soon.

"Boss, we can't use her as bait. I've got a better idea."

You trusted him, but wow were you nervous.

"This outta be good."

Not the enthusiastic kind is he?

"I can train her, make her one of the team. Maybe she could be a healer if she chooses not to fight."

"You? Train her? Yeah, right, but I'll play along. If you can prove she's trainable, then go ahead,  but the bait plan is still an option, got it?"

Judging by Sans' sigh of relief, that must've been the answer he was hoping for.

Well, this should be interesting.