Scared Fell x Reader

If there's one thing you've learned since dating Sans, it's that he never turns down a challenge.

Undyne knew this, and damnit if she wasn't gonna use it against him.

All you wanted was a chill day at the amusement park with your boyfriend's family, but you should've known better.

There was always some kind of rivalry between the two of them, always trying to beat the other in a competition of some sort, or daring the other to do something stupid, and today was no different.

"Ya know, Sans, you and Y/n should go ride The Bullet."

"Why exactly?"

You could tell just by the look in her eyes she was planning something downright evil.

"It's the fastest rollercoaster here...or are you just chicken?"

Undyne why?

Welp, it was over now, she'd won.

You could try to talk him out of it, but it would be no use, he was gonna prove her wrong and nothing could stop him.

You were leading him to the ride Undyne had tricked him into going on.

As far as you were aware, Sans had never ridden a rollercoaster, and starting off with the tallest one probably wasn't the best idea.

"Sans, are you sure about this?"

"I'm not losin' to a walkin' salmon, come on, you know I don't back down."

Yes, you knew that, very well. And that was the problem.

"I'm just saying, we should probably ride something else before this one."

You could tell by the look on his face he was practically ignoring your attempts to talk him out of it.

"You do know this thing gets up to like ninety five miles per hour right?"

He shrugged it off, a little speed wouldn't hurt him.

"And, this ride is over, like, three hundred and twenty five feet high."

Wait, where'd he go?

You stopped walking and turned around, not expecting to see the very nervous look on your boyfriend's face.

"Sans?"

No way.

Mr. EdgyMcMychemicalromance was scared of heights. That's why Undyne challenged him to it, she wanted to terrify him.

"It's not to late to give in."

He roughly sighed and walked back to your side.

"...nah, come on, we're almost there."

You tried a few more times to get him to just turn back, failing each time.

And once you finally got there, oh boy.

The tower that lead to where you got on was tall on it's own, and the fact that the track seemed almost three times that height was ten times worse.

Well, not to you, you've ridden this many times, sure, the agonizing wait in line was nerve wracking sometimes, but in the end, you had fun.

And once you got in line, you knew there was no going back.

After a few minutes, you felt Sans grab your hand tightly, like he was trying to keep his mind off the ride.

You kept talking to him about random things, calming his nerves for a moment before the cars returned to the start and reminded him, his voice was even slightly shaky.

His grip got tighter and tighter the closer you got to the front of the line, at one point you were afraid that he'd break it.

You could've sworn you felt him shaking when the gate opened for the two of you to get on. Your guilt was through the roof.

You've never seen him this way, he was always pretty easy going, chill and doing dumb stuff, but now, he reminded you of a scared puppy.

Once the belts had been buckled over both of your chests and the cars began moving, it was far too late.

You looked ahead as the peak of the largest hill approached, you glanced over at Sans, who had his sockets squeezed shut.

You gave his hand a slight squeeze, well you say slight, you had pretty much lost feeling in it at that point.

His eyes opened to get a quick look at you, before he noticed the pure blue sky behind you and he quickly looked away, now focusing his vision on his hand that was holding onto yours for dear life.

The fast moving wind blocked your hearing once the cars went over, but you knew he probably screamed, course you did too, that was just what you did on a rollercoaster.

Finally, finally, the ride began to slow down as the cars pulled into the boarding area and your restraints were undone.

Sans was gone before you even fully got them off, meaning you ran down the stairs to find him, almost falling down then in the process.

You found him eventually, leaning against one of the support beams for the tower, as you violently shook your hand to get some feeling back.

"There you are, you can't just disappear on me like that."

He looked up at you, obviously still shaken up with some broken pride.

"'m sorry, I just, I needed to get back on solid ground."

If you'd had known just how badly heights scared him then you would've forced him not to ride it, you wished you had stopped him.

"Sans, you should've said something, we could've just told her we rode it, she couldn't prove we didn't."

You knew this was about his pride, how he'd been so scared about riding, he didn't want you to have to see that side of him yet.

Yet, you had to admit, as much as you hated seeing him so frightened, you were glad to have seen that side, he rarely let anyone see his weaknesses, he must've really trusted you or else he would've tried harder to be brave.

"You ok?"

"...yeah, yeah, I'm good, a little dizzy to be honest but I'll be fine."

"I think you've earned some dippin' dots, come on."

He followed your lead to the ice cream cart, taking your hand once again, which you slightly winced at, your whole hand felt bruised.

"Shit, sorry, sweetheart."

You shook it off, you'd have probably done the same thing.

You got your frozen treats and walked around the park, trying to see if you could find anyone you'd came with.

"So, would you ride it again?"

Sans shot you an evil glare.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding, don't worry. Besides, one a day on that thing is enough, don't ya think?"

He nodded, enjoying his ice cream too much to properly respond.

"We should come up with something for Undyne, it's only fair."

"I've got some ideas."

You rolled your eyes.

"I meant one's that won't end up with her in a hospital. How about we get her to win a prize from every game in the park? I'm sure she'll be broke by the end of it."

"Too tame for me. How 'bout we make her ride the Bullet right after lunch, now that'll be funny."

You two were gonna have so much fun with this.

Karma's got two names, and it's Sans and Y/n.