NaJ Goth x Shy! Kind! Reader

Requested by 29pahlaubreeeanna

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Alright, so quick explanation for this story.

My school does this thing called Sweetheart Week for our basketball homecoming and Valentine's day, we dress up and stuff.

We weren't able to do it this year and I miss it, so I'll put it in a one-shot to make up for it.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"What on Earth is Sweetheart Week?"

You grabbed a flyer out of the stack that the cheerleaders were handing out.

"It's a combination of Basketball spirit week and Valentine's day. The dress up days and themes are listed, tickets for the Sweetheart Dance will be for sale next week."

The cheerleader handing out the papers continued talking to your friend as you read over the one you grabbed from her.

Did the school really have to basically force you to celebrate Valentine's day? Ok, to be fair they weren't forcing you to participate, but you'd be surrounded by couples and students looking for relationships who would.

Valentines, while a great opportunity to buy some cheap chocolate, never appealed to you, whether it was being single during it or just the fact that you didn't see a reason for it.

You finished reading over it, looking up from the paper when you saw your friend out the corner of your eye walking back to your side.

"We should probably get going, the library opens in a few minutes and we've got first shift."

Well, he was right, you would definitely be in trouble with the librarian if you were late again. Of course, working in the library for your first period meant you had an entire hour and a half to spend with your skeletal best friend.

He was part of the reason you had even agreed to work there. He had asked and asked you to be his partner for it, and in the end, you just couldn't say no.

He handled other students checking out and returning books, you did the more less social jobs, like putting books back on the shelves or printing out papers for teachers.

Though, the library was pretty much a ghost town in the early morning, so you two had plenty of time to goof off.

"So, I guess Sweetheart Week is a thing now."

He borrowed your paper to read over it while sitting at the main desk, you sitting on top of it swinging your legs off the side.

"Yeah, I heard someone say that the cheerleading coach came up with the idea."

He chuckled at your comment, confusing you for a moment until he explained.

"Heh, it's obvious that students didn't plan this out, the first dress up day is called "Netflix and Chill", but it's just pajama day. Whoever came up with that, has no clue what it means."

You giggled at that.

"What are the other days again?"

"You gonna dress up for them?"

He already knew the answer to that question.

"Only if you do."

"I guess that's a no, then."

You laughed again and nodded your head. Sure you had school pride and all, but dressing up like that in front of your peers always felt too weird for you.