Dream x Assassin Reader

Requested by KayMay26

"You want me to do what," you asked your boss.

"You heard me, I need you to get rid of Dream," Nightmare responded. You knew he was evil and he hated Dream, but you didn't think he'd go that far.

Especially to make you do it, can't even do his own dirty work. Yet it was your job after all.

You were the Bad Guy's personal assassin, even if the team was made of known killers. You'd worked for Nightmare for years and haven't failed him yet.

Meaning you'd had run ins with Dream before, you'd helped the team fight a couple times. And even if you did work for his brother, you never saw what was so bad about Dream.

"So are you able to do it, or should I get someone else to do your job for you," he asked, trying to hurt your pride.

"Yes, I can do it," you said trying to hide the uncertainty in your voice, it just didn't feel right to you.

Why should you care, you've killed several people with no remorse, at least you tried to convince yourself you didn't care, why was this time so different.

"Good, I want you to do it tonight, take him out in his sleep," he said, at least he chose a rather quick method.

"Ok," you said back, not feeling like talking more. He then handed you a silver and onyx dagger you used in every assassination.

You walked out of the throne room and to your own. You threw yourself onto your bed, sudden guilt filling your mind. You truly didn't wanna do this, but he was your boss, and frankly the punishment you knew you'd receive made you scared to mess up.

Let's just say you knew what happened to the prisoners in his dungeon and you sure didn't wanna go through what they do.

You were dreading that night, it's times like this you wish you'd just stayed in Dreamtale and lived a normal life.

But you had a job to do.

You had Nightmare teach you teleportation magic as to make things easier for you so you were able to quickly teleport outside of Dream's castle.

And luckily you were a master of stealth and were able to easily sneak in. You'd had to sneak in a few times before as to try to gain info on the Star Sanses so you knew exactly where you were going.

Once you found the room you knew was Dream's you teleported in to off him in his sleep, just as Nightmare asked.

But instead you teleported in to stand next to his dresser and ending up almost face to face with him.

It scared him less than it did you, but nor did he really look mad, more confused is the best guess.

You immediately left before he could get a word in. You didn't wanna risk a fight between the two of you, a human versus a monster, that wouldn't end well for you.

You went back to Nightmare's castle, extremely nervous and borderline terrified. You cautiously teleported in and made your way to his throne room, it was better to go ahead and get it over with.

"Ah Y/n, is it done," he asked as you walked to the throne, you tossed the dagger at the steps of his throne, looking at the floor to avoid his eye contact.

"I couldn't, he was awake and I couldn't risk a fight," you explained apologetically. "Hmm, I see. You still could have done the job," he said disappointed.

"I was following orders, I couldn't do it the way you said, so I didn't," you said hoping he'd cut you some slack.

He stayed quiet for a couple moments making your nerves even worse than they already were. "While I am disappointed, you were doing as you were told. I'll spare you punishment this time, next time you won't be so lucky," he said threateningly and allowed you to leave.