Sans x Reader

Rewritten: 6/15/2021
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Human?! Wake up!"

You groaned, shoving your face deeper into your pillow. Papyrus, why? It's way to early.

At least there was no sunlight shining into your window to irritate you, one of the perks of living underground.

You sat up and grabbed your phone off the bedside table, looking at yourself in the reflection to attempt to tame your bed head before going downstairs.

"8:00? On a Saturday? Papyrus, you are so lucky you're my best friend."

You tossed your covers off of your legs and swung them over the side of your mattress, not appreciating the chill you got from the cold floor.

Before you made your way to the stairs, you glanced over at Sans' door, closed as always, but if you had to get up early, then he was too.

"Get your tailbone up, I am not suffering alone here."

Nothing, typical.

"Sans, seriously. Besides, you have to buy me a cinnabunny, I won that bet fair and square."

You groaned in annoyance and just started knocking.

Still nothing.

"Ugh, you're lucky I'm hungry."

You'd just have to prank him later as revenge.

"Morning Paps," you greeted as you trudged down the stairs, definitely noticing the temperature change. You loved Snowdin, but wasn't too fond of the cold, ironic.

"Ah, human! I was thinking that I'd have to come get you!"

You jumped up on the counter, well, after grabbing snack from the pantry. Even on the countertop, you were still at chest height, why was this man so tall?

"Sorry, I was trying to get Sans up. Didn't work."

"Well, it probably didn't work because he's not here. So you were talking to an empty room."

You felt a rush of embarrassment come over you, which Papyrus found absolutely amusing. Well how were you supposed to know he had left already...wait, what?

Sans liked to sleep in on weekdays, much less the weekend. You were lucky if you could get him up before 11 on Saturdays usually.

"Sans, awake and gone on a Saturday morning? Is the world about to end," you meant that purely as a joke, obviously. Papyrus slightly tensing up when you said it though, that was odd and a little concerning.

"Papyrus? Was my joke that bad?"

"No, well, yes, but you know Sans, who knows where he is half the time. He's...uh, probably at Grillby's. Maybe you should go check!"

Papyrus...telling you to go to Grillby's? Wasn't he the one always fussing that you needed to eat healthier?

"Uh...alright, I mean, I need to run by the shop anyways. If he shows up, call me, ok?"

He nodded and relaxed a little. Suspicious.

You shrugged and hopped down, grabbing your jacket off the arm of the couch on the way back to your room.

After getting dressed, you went into the bathroom to brush your teeth, or at least that was your plan. Resting on the sink counter was a folded hoodie with a tie dye design of two of your favorite colors.

A small piece of paper on top of it had your name on it but nothing else.

Was this for you? It was your size and favorite colors. It had to be, right?