Cross x Shy! Reader

Requested by KayMay26

Cross's P.O.V

Nothing, emptiness. That's all my au is now isn't it. So different from what it was. Papyrus, Undyne, Frisk, gone. Even Y/n, she was the hardest to lose.

It took awhile for me to get close to Y/n. She was always so timid and quiet. But I managed eventually.

3rd Person P.O.V

Thanks to Frisk, and they're ability to slightly get you to come out of your shell, you talked to Cross more. You were together a lot, you still didn't talk a ton but Cross didn't care. He knew how to read your body language and saw you were comfortable around him, without even making a sound. Sure over time you did talk to him a good bit but he wasn't hurrying you.

"Hey Y/n, can I ask you something," Cross asked. You cocked your head to the side as a way to say yes. "Do you wanna go to Waterfall with me. I know you like it there." You nodded and shyly smiled.

He grabbed your hand and teleported the both of you there. No matter how many times he did that you still couldn't help but blush from the contact.

You'd liked Cross for awhile, but of course if you barely talk, how do you tell him. That's why you'd always say yes to anything that meant you could spend time with him.

That's also why he kept making up reasons to take you places. He had fallen for you before he truly talked to you. He liked your gentle nature, your e/c eyes and especially your voice when he rarely heard it.

He had found out about your love of Waterfall from Frisk and Chara, the ones you talked to most. You loved the calm feeling the area gave you, it was one of the places Cross brought you alot.

"Why do you like Waterfall so much," he asked. You shrugged your shoulders and continued looking out over the water. He liked seeing you so calm, it gave him a calmer feeling as well.

That calmness was giving him the confidence to tell you how he felt. Or at least he wanted too. As soon as he opened his mouth to speak you grabbed his arm. It surprised him but once he saw why he was terrified

Bits of Waterfall were disappearing before your eyes. Leaving behind just white, blocks of nothing. All Cross could think of was that the au was being destroyed but he didn't think about defending it, he just wanted you safe.

He grabbed you and teleported to Snowdin. The same thing was happening there as well. He knew that you would be deleted too, you'd just be gone and he couldn't stop it.

Using the last bit of time he had with you he pulled you to him and kissed you. You kissed back, realizing that this was it. He pulled back and held you as tight as he could. You began fading, like you were a monster, except there was no dust.

"I love you Cross," you said with tears in your eyes as you completely vanished from his arms.

He had always wanted to hear that from you, but never in that situation. You were the main reason he made that deal with Nightmare and try to get his au back. He knew he couldn't get everything back. But he needed you.

He had told Chara he was trying to get a human soul to give them a body again. But they were no longer one. Now he was only focused on saving you.

He had taken a human soul, one with the same soul trait as you. He hoped that since you were human as well it would fuse with your spirit, which he didn't even know if you were still there.

But if Chara could remain a ghost maybe you could too.  He held the soul out in front of him, hoping by some form of magic you'd come back to him.

The soul just sat there for a minute, he was about to lose hope. But just as he was gonna leave the soul glowed brighter. He released it and little by little your body started to reappear. Once you were completely whole you fell to the ground.

You were weak from not being a full being.

"Y/n, baby, talk to me, please," he said kneeling down and pulling you up slightly. You slowly opened your eyes to see him with purple tears of happiness in his eyesockets.

"C-Cross, but you, how did y-", he cut you off by kissing you. This time slower and more passionate than the time before.

"I'll explain that later, just please, let me hold you", he said hugging you tight. You hugged back letting him have his way.

"I love you too Y/n, I'm sorry I wasn't able to say it before. I love you and I promise I won't lose you again."

(Y'all should start expecting more stories from me in the next two weeks. My school's being shut down due to Corona Virus outbreaks in my home state.)