Nightmare x Forced Queen Reader

Requested by KayMay26 (it's so frickin late, holy crap, I'm really sorry, I've had this thing planned out for months but never had the time to write it)

"Mother, no. You can't be serious."

"I'm sorry darling but I am, if you don't then our kingdoms will remain at war, we can't risk this any longer."

You were all over the place mentally at that very moment. Angry, scared, confused and mostly shocked.

You were the princess of a rather prominent kingdom, one neighboring that of King Nightmare, one that had been at war with Nightmare's kingdom for years.

You had no clue how they came to the idea that marrying you off would end it but apparently Nightmare agreed to it.

Which is what shocked you most, he never seemed to need a queen before, so why now? Why you?

"I-but, ugh....very well mother. You know what's best for the kingdom."

"Thank you darling. If anything does happen to you then send out a letter to me immediately, I'll still make sure you're safe."

So with that she was off to plan the wedding, and you were stuck there, planning out how you were gonna get out of it.

But eventually you realized you couldn't, you couldn't leave or avoid it. It was you job as well as your mother's to ensure your kingdoms safety.

So your wedding night came and went. It was so lavish and fancy. Any girl would dream of something like it, and maybe you too if you were marrying someone you actually loved.

Nightmare was not pleased by the situation either, it still confused you why he agreed to marry you in the first place.

He basically ignored you the whole night, only talking to some associates or your mother.

So when you were finally taken to his castle you spent the entire night locked in your room. Not wanting to see him or his team of villains.

Not that he seemed to mind. Some husband he was.

Not much changed as the months went on, you still resented him, he still ignored you.

The only good thing to come out of the situation was getting to meet your new brother-in-law.

At first you couldn't believe the two were brothers. But if you had to choose one of them you'd choose Dream in a heartbeat.

Dream actually made you feel like family, like you were important to him. You could tell he was happy to have a sister, especially one like you.

Since you spent most time in your bedroom Nightmare didn't notice you were gone. Dreamtale was like a mini escape for you. You would stay but you were still trying to uphold the agreement between your kingdom and Nightmare's.

Hell, you were even friends with Nightmare's team, you'd been so cold towards them in the beginning but they were actually one of the few things that made life there tolerable.

You cared far more about them than you did your own husband.

"Get dressed, we have to attend a meeting today."

You rolled your eyes at him, you'd long quit being scared of him. He was nothing more than a nuisance to you at that point.

"Why should I. Not like I'm gonna be allowed to talk. Hell, I don't know anything about it."

"What it's about is none of your concern. Now hurry up."

"Ugh, I really wished you had chosen another girl to marry. Some husband you are."