Sans x Reader

This started as something I was writing for myself but I loved it so much I couldn't not share it with you guys.

For context, the monster family is on a vacation at a house right on the edge of a marsh.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Boys? Have you seen Y/n anywhere?"

Sans, Papyrus and Mettaton turned to look at Toriel as she left the staircase that lead to the attic bedroom. Each shaking their heads at her question.

"I thought they went upstairs with Frisk to go to bed."

"That's what I thought too, but when I went to go check on them, they were gone, Frisk is up there though."

"Tori, we've been out here the past two hours, they haven't been through here."

The goat monster raised an eyebrow at the older skeleton brother.

"Knowing you three, you've been so focused on the TV you wouldn't know if they came through or not."

Sans wanted to argue but instead shrugged cause, honestly she wasn't wrong.

"We'll keep an eye out for them, Lady Toriel, maybe they snuck back outside, it is a pretty nice night."

"Yes, probably, it definitely sounds like them, would one of you mind checking though, just in case they're not out there."

"Not it."

"Not it!"

"You guys suck sometimes, ya know that?"

The other three monsters laughed at Sans' comment as he stood up to go find their missing friend. He stepped out the door onto the wraparound porch, taking in the warmth of the summer night.

The sound of music catching his attention, leading him to the floating dock attached to the wooden gazebo overlooking the marsh.

They lay on the metallic surface of the dock, listening to a playlist of their favorite songs off of their phone, staring carefree at the sky above.

"Y/n? Where've you been, Tori's been looking for you."

They flinched at his voice, almost immediately sitting up straight. Lowering the volume of their music a few notches.

"Ugh, Sans. Do you always have to sneak up on me?"

"Not my fault you didn't hear me."

They rolled their eyes at him but smiled regardless, his habit of being annoying became almost endearing at that point.

"What're you doing out here anyway?"

"Look up and you'd know."

He was a little confused by their answer but listened to them and tilted his head towards the night sky.

The sky was littered with stars that looked like spilled glitter. The outline of the milky way itself was visible, showing a purplish tint around it.

"Holy-."

They smiled at his amazed expression towards the night. They knew he loved the stars and they couldn't help but love the fully enamored look in his eyelights.

"I was actually about to come get you, I knew you'd like it."

The sound of their voice broke his trance, scooting over slightly, they motioned for him to sit next to them.

They laid back down, dangling their feet in the cool water, trying to find the constellations in the mass of stars.

He followed their lead, never taking his eyes off the sky above.

"Ya know, I came out here before, once when I was kid, and all I've wanted since was to see it again, nothing can ever beat this view."

"That's for sure, course you also said the same thing about the sunrise over the ocean."

"Hey, you agreed with me."

"Well that was before this."

They rolled their eyes once more and the two of them fell into silence for a few minutes. Listening to the moving water and crickets in the marsh beds.

"Hey, you know some stuff about constellations, right?"

"Some of 'em, why?"

"I'm having trouble finding one, which is stupid since it's my favorite and all."

"Favorite constellation, huh? Which one?"

"Andromeda."

"That's easy to find, here."

He began pointing out the points of the constellation, naming a few of the stars that it was made of.

"Alright, I see it. Wow, it's pretty back home, but here, God, it's unbelievable."

He looked over at them, seeing the galaxy reflecting in their eyes, almost mirroring the sky itself. Somehow, he adored them as much as the stars above.

He began pointing out more constellations that he knew, telling the basics of the stories behind them.

They listened intently, after all, what space lover wouldn't want a lesson in the stars?

An hour had quickly passed, not that they'd noticed.

But, they couldn't ignore how the relaxing glow of the stars and calming sound of the water below was making them drowsier by the minute.

They attempted to cover a yawn, as to stay out longer but unfortunately, Sans took notice.

"Tired?"

"No."

"Yes, you are, I can tell. 'Sides, it's like almost one in the morning and Frisk wanted us to go out to the beach tomorrow, so better get some sleep for that."

They let out a dramatic groan at the thought of having to leave the beautiful scene.

"We can come back out tomorrow night, we're staying here a week, remember?"

"Ugh, fine."

They stood up, lightly kicking the water off their feet before slipping their shoes back on and climbing up the ramp connecting the dock to the peir, which was rather steep due to it being low tide.

They took one last look at the sky before walking up to the porch.

"I meant to ask, why's Andromeda your favorite?"

"Heh, truthfully, I dunno. I guess, after learning it was named after one of the most beautiful humans in history, I just loved it."

They shrugged at the end of their answer and opened the screen door to walk inside, leaving him out on the porch for a few moments.

"Then I guess you're my Andromeda."