Cross x Younger Sister Reader Pt. 2

"I can't do this."

You put away your blasters and your magic calmed down. Not wanting to look at your brother as he walked into the room.

"...Y/n."

"No, Sans. I'm not doing it."

"We don't have a choice."

You sighed and turned away from your training dummy to look at Cross.

It had been nearly eight years since the day you were taken from Underswap and thrown into the life of training to fight under Nightmare's orders.

He'd agreed that if you could prove yourself useful, you could stay, and for the longest time, you refused to fight anyone, not just because of your age, but because you knew it was wrong.

You were eighteen, old enough to be on your own, and you would go back to Underswap if you could.

But you knew it wouldn't be the same, you had been gone so long, you weren't the same little girl they knew. You'd hardened up, became more serious.

And if they found out where you had been, they'd only fear you.

And even with as much as a kind and understanding person as you knew Blue was, it might be too much even for him.

You wanted to stay with the bad guys, you'd grown so used to living in the castle.

You still had some issues with Nightmare and Error. Nightmare for obvious reasons and Error, well you didn't quite know but it was pretty much a mutual disliking.

The others however.

Nightmare had forced them to work with Cross in order to strengthen your magic and get you battle ready.

Dust had helped with stealth and your magic with Cross. Horror and Killer had shown you proper attacks and how to work with nonmagical weapons.

So you can imagine the amount of pride the four felt the first time you obliterated a training dummy.

Cross especially, happy to see your were showing the strength he knew you had.

And sure, you were beyond thankful they helped you finally use your magic at its fullest, but in the end, it was to be used for destruction and pain, boss's orders.

"Y/n, I tried talking to him, this is the only way he'll let you stay."

"I can't, that's not me, I won't hurt innocent monsters."

"But-"

"You're not gonna talk me into it either."

He sighed. He should've known that you were far too kind hearted to be able to go through with it.

You had wished you could do it, you wanted to stay in the castle, with your brother but it just wasn't meant to be.

"Maybe you can fake it."

"Fake it?"

"Let us take care of it, you stay in the background, maybe scare some people and if Nightmare asks, then we'll just tell him what he wants to hear."

Wow, that's so stupid it might just work.

"Well, what other choice do I have?"

You knew it was probably a bad idea, but anything was worth a shot.

"...we should probably go get prepared, Nightmare's probably getting ready to send us out."

You walked passed Cross to exit the training room, partially wondering if locking yourself in your room and faking being sick was a solution at this point.