Nightmare x Reader x Dream

*I am determined to do something for these boy's birthday.

Thanks KayMay26  for bringing up the idea for a birthday one-shot!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Are you sure about this?"

"Of course!"

"Alright...I trust you."

You put a hand on Ink's shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile.

"Come on, if Cross and Killer have done their jobs right, then Nightmare will be expecting a truce, not a fight."

"Have you met Nightmare?"

"I-...fair point."

You were about to speak in Nightmare's defense when you felt the air shift around you and with a glance to your right to see Blue.

Another quick blip of teleportation and Killer was to your left.

"Alright, Night should be here any second."

"And so should Dream. Get ready guys."

And with that the brothers had shown themselves before the four of you. The rest of Nightmare's team behind him, in on your plan as well.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

The initial shock of the surprise passed, and thank the stars Nightmare didn't get spooked and attack.

Dream stood there like everyone who gets thrown a surprise party, looking around smiling, not knowing fully how to react.

Nightmare however, stood there dumbfounded, with a mixture of confusion and suspicion in his eyelight.

You happily walked over to the two.

"Happy Birthday guys!"

"Aw, thank you Y/n."

Dream scooped you up in a tight hug, of which you excitedly returned, glad he enjoyed the surprise.

He released you and you turned your attention to Nightmare.

"I thought this was about a truce."

Dream shot him an annoyed look.

"At least thank her."

Nightmare rolled his eyelight and let out a poor excuse of a 'thank you' but it was enough for you.

"This is a truce, ok? Just for today, so you can enjoy your birthday."

"Why would I want to spend it here?"

You didn't quite expect that blunt of a question but you knew how he felt about Dreamtale but you didn't expect him to be so pessimistic about the party.

"Look, Nightmare, I get it. I know you don't like it here. But come on, this is your home. Please just tolerate it for one day, for me at least."

At the mention of him staying for your sake, he groaned and looked around at the others very irritatedly but sighed and looked back at you.

"Fine. One. Day. Got it?"

"Thank you Night."

The two split off into their respective groups.

Dream getting 'happy birthdays' from Ink and Blue.

The Bad Sanses attempted to do the same with Nightmare, even if he seemed to ignore them.