Chapter 85

*Unedited*
Eva's POV

Ollivander and I are joined what seems like a week later. With Laurie gone, and Narcissa being the host and a more important part of Voldemort's circle who can't get me the potion as much. Luna came the day after my time with Bellatrix, and so to show Luna to behave, Bellatrix made her watch my torture. My dry screams echoed around the Manor like they always do, and eventually died out once I lost my voice, leaving my body to just wriggle around trying to break free of the pain.

It was the first time I ever saw Luna cry.

And she cried every time. Each time I would be dragged back into the cold, wet dungeon and Luna would be there waiting for me. She would pull me into her arms, and hold me, singing and reminiscing about our time at Hogwarts. We sobbed together in each other's arms, as I slowly lost my sanity again, and Luna lost apart of herself.

Narcissa barely visited with the potion, leaving me to slip back into madness. It was a horrible feeling. There were days I couldn't recite back to Luna the simplest questions she asked me. I tried to stay strong for Luna, but each day I could feel the curse inside me, eating anyway at my brain. I was going to become a vegetable, as they called in the Muggle world. I was going to become a ghost of myself, a shell with nothing inside. Soon I wouldn't be able to remember Luna, let along myself.

I would forget about the moments I spent with Fred, sneaking kisses and always laughing at a new invention he had created. I would forget the few moments with Sirius I had experienced. To the week of camping before fifth year, to cooking and laughing at Christmas time in Grimmauld place. I would forget all the talks I had with Remus, the man who felt like the other half of my father. The two men, who were completely different, but together made me feel as if I finally had parents.

I would forget Tonks, the cheery, pink haired girl who felt more like my older sister than my distant cousin. I would forget Luna and Kala, my two best friends who always looked out for me. My two best friends I spent hanging out in the Forbidden Forest or in the library with. I would forget Laurie, the first friend I had ever made at Hogwarts. The first person to ever make me feel safe. I would forget Draco, who through all his flaws, became a younger brother to me that I truly loved.

But I would also forget the horrible things. Like John, from the moment I got my letter for Hogwarts at eleven years old to the moment I killed him in the graveyard. I would forget the pain of the Dark Mark, and the feeling of my arm being on fire every time Voldemort touched it. I would forget the feeling of watching Sirius die right in front of my eyes, and then watching Fred look at me disgustedly after he saw who I really was. I would forget every single moment locked up the dungeon of Malfoy Manor, screaming and crying in hall while Bellatrix laughed over my body.

I would forget all of it, and though I had some good memories I wanted to keep. It seemed the horrible ones were overpowering them. And maybe, just maybe, forgetting everything wouldn't be so bad.