Chapter 65

*Unedited*
Eva's POV
The next day Sirius and I spend the day filling Grimmauld Place with Christmas decorations. Ever since yesterday, when we spent time cooking(well burning mostly) and laughing together while we took turns telling each other funny stories I couldn't get a smile off my face.

"-one time James and I went to the shop your mum worked at and almost set the place on fire!" Sirius laughs.

"How did you end up with the place of fire! It's like you were trying to-"

"Hem hem. Ev...can I talk to you." Sirius and I turn around to see Fred behind us.

"Sure, I'll be right back Sirius." As we start to walk away I mouth. "Don't you even think about listening in."

Earning him mouthing back, "I wasn't."

We walk into the sitting room and I can feel the deja vu of yesterday. "I shouldn't have yelled like that yesterday...and I'm sorry." He rubs his neck and looks away from me.

"It's okay Fred, you were stressed about your dad."

"Really?" Fred says surprised. "You're not mad...at all?"

I stand on the top of my toes and press a kiss on his cheek. "Of course not Freddie."

The days leading up to Christmas are the best of the year. Between the time spent with Sirius, Fred, Remus, Tonks and the rest of the Weasley's it couldn't get any better. On Christmas morning I woke up with Fred laying next to me, he begun to sneak in every night after everyone was asleep, and a small pile of presents in the corner of my room.

"Fred, wake up!" I hiss into his ear.

"Five more minutes love."

"No it's Christmas morning, and you don't want Sirius to catch you in here. I can hear him coming up the stairs-"

"God rest ye merry Hippogriffs!" Sirius belts loudly from down the hall.

"Happy Christmas love," Fred whispers before apparating out of the room.

"Happy Christmas Eva!" Sirius yells, flinging my door open. "You're awake already?"

"How can I not be from your lovely singing."

"Was I that loud?" He frowns as I laugh. "Well I just wanted to give you your gift. Last year I gave you the necklace from my family," I immediately touch my shirt to feel the Black family crest necklace underneath. "But I wanted to give you one from your mum." From his pocket he pulls out a small star necklace. "Marie used to make fun of my name a lot until I told her I'm named after a star."

I felt tears prick my eyes. "Thank you Dad."

"D-dad?" Sirius gasps.

"Sorry, I meant Sirius-"

"No, no Dad is fine."

We both smile at each other until Sirius ruffles my hair a little. "I'll see you downstairs in a little bit."

I open the rest of my gifts to find a Defense book from Remus, a ripped out page for a protection spell from Tonks. "To keep the babies away." the title shows and I can't help to laugh, though I know I won't be laughing long after she opens her gift. I open a sweater from Molly with a big letter E on it and so small trinkets from the rest of the Weasley's, Harry and Hermione. Lastly, I open Fred's gift to find a small notebook and a card.

Happy Christmas Ev! I know you're wondering why did I get this weird notebook from my awesome boyfriend. Well let me tell you what it does. Whatever you write on those pages will automatically transfer onto my little notebook that I have, however far apart or close we are.
Love, your favorite Weasley

I make my way downstairs to find Harry, Hermione, Ron, the twins and Sirius in the basement.

"What are you lot doing down here?"

"Looking for Kreacher," George answers.

"Oh George thanks for the notebook," I say looking right at Fred.

"What?"

"I got a gift signed from my favorite Weasley so it's from you right?" George smirks at me, getting the hint. "It's sad my own boyfriend didn't get me anything-"

"You didn't get my daughter anything for Christmas!" Sirius yells suddenly standing in front of Fred.

"What-no I-I got-"

"Sirius!" I make my way between the two. "It was a joke, he did get me a gift. I was just joking."

Sirius steps back and murderish look on his face drops. "Sorry there Fred, just being fatherly." He moves his arm to slap Fred's shoulder, while he lets out a forced laugh. Behind us Harry, George, and Ron are trying to keep their laughs in. "Alright let's head up."

"Sorry about that," I whisper to Fred as we walk up to the kitchen.

"Thanks for saving me from being murdered." I elbow him hard and we both let out a laugh.

"I'll see you later Fred." Our mouths touch for only a second before someone behind us coughs.

"Ah hello other father," I smile at Remus.

"Come on Fred everyone's already heading out," Remus says awkwardly as we kiss goodbye one more time. "Have fun with Sirius, and Happy Christmas Eva."

"Happy Christmas Remus."

I'm left alone in the kitchen as Mad-Eye, Remus, Harry, Hermione and the Weasley's leave for St. Mungo's. After sitting in a moment of silence I yell out, "Sirius!"

A crash of pots and pans comes from the cupboard and Sirius tumbles out. "What? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I was just wondering where you were."

"Seriously Eva! I thought you were hurt-Don't you dare say-"

"Siriusly." He tries to keep his lips in a straight line but they twitch upwards into a smile.

"I'm found a recipe for pumpkin pie and we're going to attempt to make it for tonight-don't give me that look." He says as I give him a look like come on. "Buckbeak needs to be fed breakfast so can you go do that. His food's on the desk in my room."

"Got it." I make my way up the stairs with the loud crashing of pots and pans downstairs happening again. When I reach Sirius' door, I push it open hesitantly. I've never been in his room before. Buckbeak the Hippogrif is in the corner cleaning his feathers when I enter. I wait a second and when he doesn't look up, I move to the desk where the bag of food is. I grab the bag of dead ferrets and almost move away when something catches my eye.

A piece of parchment with the words Dear Marie.

Happy New Years everyone!