Chapter 61

*Unedited*
Eva's POV

"What is that?"

Fred grabs my engraved hand and I pull back quickly. "N-nothing. Just a cut."

"A cut that says I must not disrespect my...I can't read the rest."

"I'm just going to..." Harry slips away, leaving me and Fred alone in the corner of Hog's Head.

"I got detention for defending Sirius and myself and well...." I look down trying not to meet Fred's eyes.

"Who was it? Was it Umbridge!" All eyes turn to us.

"Fred, it's okay. I just have one more detention and then I'll keep my temper under check-"

"No it's not Eva! You don't talk back teachers at all. Did provoke you?" I keep my gaze down but that's all the answer Fred needs. He runs out the pub in a flash and I run after him at a slower speed. Outside the pub Lee, Angelina, and George are all chatting together.

"Hey Fred what do yo-" Lee let's out a loud ow as Fred runs right into him, not bothering to stop and say sorry.

"What's up with him?" George asks as I come running out.

"I need your help. All three of you. Hurry!" The three others follow me and it doesn't take long to grab Fred and stop him from doing anything stupid. It takes us almost five minutes to hold him back and calm him down.

"What is this all about!" Angelina exclaims.

"That Umbitch," Fred gasps then grabs my hand for everyone to see, "look what she did."

Everyone collectively let out a gasp. "Eva what happened!"

"I got detention and she made me write with this quill that does that."

"Hold on," Lee says, "how did you get detention?"

"She said something about my dad and I, though I don't know why she cares so much." Everyone looks down, away from my eyes. "What? What is it?"

"I'm guessing you haven't read the Daily Prophet?"

"Of course not. Why?"

"Accio Daily Prophet!" George calls out.

"George don't-" Fred starts but the paper already flew into my lap. I flip through the pages until I find the article with my name on it.

Eva Black: Good or Bad
The daughter of the notorious mass murderer, Sirius Black, recently became a Triwizard champion. But unlike her fellow champion, Harry Potter, Black has not claimed that You-Know-Who is back. We have reason to believe that under the orders of her father, Black was the one who murdered Cedric Diggory in order to get revenge on You-Know-Who's fall. Aurors have looked into the girl....

"Does...does everyone think I'm a murderer?" The mark on my left arm starts to itch.

"Of course not Ev. No one thinks you could ever do something like that," Fred says lightly. But I did. My mind flashes back.

I raise my wand to my disoriented uncle. He's drunk, like always. A voice in my mind whispers, "Do it." Part of me wants to fight it, but another part of me, a bigger part, doesn't. This is want I have wanted for years. To see the man who hurt me so many times dead. "Avada Kedavra!" Green light shoots out of my wand and the person I used to call Dad, falls lifelessly to the ground.

"Ev. Eva!" Fred shakes me awake from my thoughts. "What's happening?"

I stand up quickly, feeling ill. "I-I should go. I have my last detention with Umbridge tonight...don't want to get more. See you later."

"Ev!" Fred goes after me, leaving George to third wheel with Lee and Angelina. "Ev, don't go."

"I'm-I'm sorry Fred I just can't be here right now. I-I need to be alone." I can't help the few stray tears that are now falling down my cheeks.

"Then talk to me."

"I-" the idea of rolling up my sleeve and taking away the makeup charm runs through my head. The idea of telling him how I killed my uncle does too. But so does the idea of his face. A twisted look of horror would appear. He would hate me, I am murderer and a Death Eater and no good person like Fred Weasley could love me. "I just need time. I promise I'll be there more and be a better girlfriend but I...I just need time."

He sighs looking disappointed. "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then." And we part ways, without our normal kiss goodbye.

I make my way back to the castle slowly and waste time in the kitchens and library before going up to Umbridge's office. Only one more time. I push the door open and take a seat where I had sat those many days before.

"Hello Professor Umbridge."

"Hello Miss Black," her voice is cheery compared to my dull tone. "Let me see." I put my right hand into her out stretched one. "I think two hours should do. I hope after tonight, I won't need to see you here anymore."

"Yes Professor." I take the quill and start writing, trying to ignore the burning pain on my hand. I must not disrespect my superiors. I must not disrespect my superiors. As I write, I try to think of the happy times I've had in this office. All the meetings with Remus, talking hours on end. The first time I met Tonks and we connected. I keep those thoughts running through my head as the time slowly ticks down. I don't stop the writing, until the door behind me opens.

"Professor Umbridge. Professor Flitwick-" she stops as I turn around to meet her eye.

"Laurie?" My voice is barely above a whisper.

"Miss Calle correct? Professor Flitwick said you'd be starting late-keep writing Miss Black-I have you all set up for my Defense Against the Dark Arts class. You may go now." Laurie scrambled out of the room quickly, avoiding my eyes.

"Laurie! Professor can I go-"

"You have one more minute to finish Miss Black. Don't make me give you more detention. So I keep my mouth shut and wait for the longest minute of my life to go by. "You may go now."

I don't wait to say goodbye. I burst out of the classroom hoping to catch Laurie on her way to the common room. I round the corner near my common room only to run into someone. A blonde, but not the one I was hoping for.

"Hello, Black."