Chapter 14

For some reason I actually believed Sirius. After hours of laying awake thinking if he could actually be my father, and it seemed possible enough. And if he is my father than maybe I could finally get some answers about my mum. Whether or not I should believe Sirius Black, a mass murder whose escaped from prison, bounces through my head all night and into the next day.

Finally, it was the day before the Hogsmeade trip and I only had to make it through Potions today. Which Snape would not make easy for me.

"Miss Jackson. Miss Calle. I have noticed neither of you have spoken since the first day I moved you. If neither of you speak today I will be forced to fail both of you and give a month of detention."

Both of us give him a death glare as we moved to set up for the potion today. Shrinking Solution.

"I'll grab the ingredients," Laurie's voice was monotone, but for once without an insult. A few minutes later she came back arms full of different herbs and animal parts.

"So first we cut up-"

"I just want to know why?" I look up at her confused as I notice Snape step a little closer to us.

"What are you talking about?"

"You knew I liked him Eva. You knew I liked Cedric and you sent him that note-"

"I never sent him a note! What are you on about?" my voice rose a little causing a few people to glance over.

Angrily, Laurie starts to rummage through the many pockets of her robes. "This."

Cedric,
You may think Laurie is the one for you but she's not. Meet me at the Astronomy Tower at midnight tomorrow.

I can't help but to laugh at the little note. "That's not my handwriting."

"What? No Cho said-"

"What did Cho say," I dig my nails into my skin, trying not to burst at my former best friend.

"She said she saw you trying to deliver the note and you threatened to tell the whole school about me and my parents...situation," her voice was barely above a whisper.

"I only started to hate you because you ditched Luna and I for Cedric. And if I really did send that note, which I didn't, why would I threaten to tell your biggest secret to the school. How would that supposedly get me Cedric?"

Though the Calle's are purebloods, they aren't well respected ones. After all her father's siblings married non-purebloods, they got taken off the Sacred Pureblood list. Desperate to get their respect back, Laurie's parents tried to have pureblooded children but found out they were infertile. They were so desperate for recognition, they adopted Laurie and played her off as their own.

"How do I know you're not lying?"

I let out a loud sigh and pull my parchment against the note. "Does that look like my handwriting?"

Laurie's voice is quiet. "No."

"So I'm not lying."

"But that means....it was Cho?"

"Yep."

"And this whole time I was mad at you because my supposed best friend wanted to get with my boyfriend?"

"Sorry Laurie," I say feeling a little bit bad about punching her earlier in the year. Suddenly Snape appears behind us scowling.

"Get to work."

Waiting until Snape walked away Laurie smiles at me again, "So...friends again?"

I frown at her sadly, remembering all the good times we had together. "Sorry Laur...I just don't think I can. We both are different now and with everything. I think we can be friendly towards each other but it just won't be like it used to be." She looked sad, like we had just broken up. And in a way we had.

"Can people who are friendly to each other help find a hex for a someone who's trying to steal their boyfriend?"

Thank you guys for over 400 views!