Chapter 80

*Unedited*
Eva's POV

I wrote Remus several times after my run in with Tonks but he had not sent one letter back. My snappiness instantly returned and Kala and Luna, who had just been coming around, started avoiding me all the time. To make things worse my euphoria of constantly writing with Fred wore off as each day we both seemed to write less and less. The cabinet wasn't coming along well either. We had gotten a bird through without killing it but when we tried a rabbit, against my approval, it had come back dead.

Each day seemed worse than the last, with my failing grades in each other my classes. My inability to sleep because of my reoccurring nightmare starting with seeing Sirius fall through the veil, then Remus, then Tonks, and then Fred. In the beginning of the year, everyone wanted to talk to me about my disappearance. Now no one came close to me for the fear I would bite their head off.

On a calm May day, I was walking past the Great Hall and on my way to the Room of Requirement. I had already eaten quickly to save time to stop by the cabinet. As I walked down the halls and away from other students, I pull out the map.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Like always the ink spread across the parchment. I glance across the parchment to see if I had a clear path to the seventh floor, but as my eyes scan the paper I notice Draco was on the map for once. Draco Malfoy and Myrtle Warren in a bathroom together, and right outside the door was Harry Potter. I knew that wasn't going to end well. Quickly I break into a sprint and make my way up the stairs. By the time I made it the sixth floor I could hear someone screaming.

"MURDER! MURDER IN THE BATHROOM!" I wasn't the only who had heard it. Snape entered the bathroom quickly and I followed right behind him. The floor was flooded with water and Harry stood over Draco. Who instead of his normal white color, was painted red with blood. I let out a half cry as Snape starts to heal the oozing cuts over Draco's body.

"Miss Black!" Snape gestures me over. "Help me bring Mister Malfoy to the hospital wing. And Potter...you stay here." Harry tries to meet my eyes but I just look ahead. Neither Snape nor I say a word the whole way down, and are meet with a horrified Madam Pomfrey.

"Merlin! What's happened to him!" She uses her wand to flout Draco into a bed. I ignore Madam Pomfrey and Snape talking and just stare at Draco's blood soaked body. "Miss Black. Miss Black!" Madam Pomfrey waves her hand in front of my eyes. "This won't be pretty. I'm not sure if you should stay for-"

"No. I'm staying." She just nods and starts to remove Draco's now red shirt. His chest is covered with cuts, some of they still oozing blood and others halfway healed. I stay by Draco's side holding his hand the whole time. Tears slip down my cheeks the whole time but Madam Pomfrey doesn't say a word. Eventually, she convinces me to take a bed and a potion. Slowly, my vision starts to blur black.

I awake the next day to hear loud chatter from the bed next to mine. "Oh Draco you were so brave to stand up to Potter like that," came the cooing voice of a girl. I run my eyes and sit up recognize the girl Draco had gone to Yule Ball with and Blaise Zabini.

"Alright there mate?" he asks. Draco just grunts in response.

"You two out!" Madam Pomfrey shoos. "And tell all those oglers outside to go away as well. Oh Miss Black! I see you are awake," the three Slytherins who hadn't noticed me before turned. "this came for you this morning." She hands me a letter with the hand writing I immediately recognize as Remus'.

Dear Eva,
I'm sorry I haven't responded for a while, I've been busy with Order work. I'm sorry Tonks worried you like that, for I have been completely fine. I hope you do have a good rest of term. Feel free to write or even drop by anytime if McGonagall will allow it.
Love, Remus

I feel a wave of relief go through me. Remus wasn't dead and neither was Draco.

"Why are you here," hisses Draco, once Madam Pomfrey leaves. "You should be working on the cabinet."

"Sorry for helping to save your life," I snap back. I pick myself off the bed and make my way to Madam Pomfrey who was tending to young Hufflepuff. "I'm feeling much better now Madam Pomfrey, I think I'm ready to go."

"Oh good! Don't be afraid to come down here if you need anything or just to visit Mister Malfoy!" I smile kindly at the healer and make my way to back to the dorms.