Chapter 64

*Unedited*
Eva's POV

We stare at each other for a long time before I speak. "Use a makeup charm to cover it in case anyone pulls up your sleeve."

"You're not-you're letting my go? Why?" Laurie asks pulling her sleeve down quickly.

"Because the Laurie I know would never join them willingly." And with that, I walk away.

I'm pulled out of my bed suddenly on a cold December night. A hand drags me out of bed and down the stairs.

"Professor McGonagall?" I gasp at the older woman in her nightgown.

"Ssh Miss Black. You mustn't alert Umbridge," she whispers dragging me out of the common room and down the corridors.

"W-" I yawn, "What's happening?"

"Snuffles will explain everything now ssh girl." I stay quiet the rest of the way, not being awake enough to realize she said Snuffles. We get to a gargoyle and ride up moving stairs.

"Minerva quickly....one.......two," McGonagall pushes me forward and I grab a kettle as I realize Harry and all the Weasley's are next to me. "Three!"

Suddenly we're all spinning and thrown to a dusty floor that I recognize. Sirius runs towards us with a worried look on his face. "What's going on?"

"Ask Harry," Fred says angrily, ignoring my presence.

"Yeah I want to hear this for myself," George adds. Harry dives into a deep explanation of some weird dream that was also the present, or past now.

"We've got to get to St. Mungo's," Ginny says urgently. "Sirius have you-"

"Hold on you can't go tearing off to St. Mungo's!" Sirius interrupts.

"Of course we can he's our dad," Fred snaps.

"And how are you going to explain how you knew Arthur was hurt before his wife was notified?"

"What does it matter?" George snaps equally as angry as Fred.

"We can't draw attention to Harry having visions of things happening hundreds of miles away. Your dad's been hurt in Order business and if his children come around the second after it's happen-"

"We don't care about the dumb Order-"

"-that's our dad dying we're talking about!" George finishes.

"Arthur knew what he was getting into and this is why you're not in the Order...you don't understand things are worth dying for!" Sirius yells back as angrily as the twins.

"Easy for you to say! You're not out there risking your neck!" Fred screams and Sirius' face pales.

I step between the two before anyone can start a fight. "Why don't we sit down and rest-"

"I'm not sleeping," Fred states.

"Or we could have a drink to cool down a little."

Everyone silently agrees as Sirius fetches the drinks and we all curl up on the couch. I try to sit next to Fred, to comfort him, but he sprawls onto the armchair by himself and instead I sit next to Ginny. Ginny curls up beside me, as I try to stay awake and wait for news. Finally a little while later a phoenix flies in.

"It's a message from your mother," Sirius says, "Dad is still alive. I'm setting out for St. Mungo's now. Stay where you are and I will send news as soon as possible. -Mum."

We all stay silent and rooted in place. Eventually both Ginny and I fall asleep, Ginny leaning against my shoulder, only to be waken by Molly and Sirius shouting for breakfast.

Most of us, except Ron, pick at our food keeping the conversations to a minimum and while Harry takes Sirius aside, I take the opportunity to talk to Fred.

I pull him from the kitchen to the sitting area. "How are you feeling Fred?"

"What do you think Eva? My dad just almost died!" he snaps and I try not to flinch at his aggressiveness.

"Arthur is strong, he'll get through this-"

"You don't know that! You barely know him Eva-not like I do!" Fred storms back into the kitchen leaving me shocked. After a few minutes of telling myself he's just scared, I head up to my bedroom from the summer and fall asleep.

"Eva....Evaaa," Sirius shakes me awake. "If you don't hurry you're going to be late."

"For what?" I mumble trying not to loose the cocoon of warmth around me.

"Going to visit Arthur."

"Oh. Er-I'll just stay here with you. I'll only get in the way."

Though his eyes were lit up like a Christmas tree he tries not to look excited. "Are you sure? It'll be boring here....just me, you and Kreacher."

"Sounds like fun," I laugh. "Kreacher and I need to have some family bonding time."

Sirius laughs.

"But first I got to write to Kala and Luna. They're probably wondering where I am. Do you have an owl I can borrow?"

"Well-no but Ron's got an owl in his room. Bought it for him two years ago."

"Great! I'll meet you downstairs in a few minutes." I grab a piece of parchment from the desk in my room and scribble down a quick note for my friends. After finding Ron's small owl and it pecking me a lot, I finally sent the letter off and hurried downstairs. I scan through the downstairs rooms to find Sirius in the kitchen wearing a baby blue apron with the words World's Best Cook on it.

"What are you wearing?" I laugh as he frowns.

"Don't laugh at my apron it's wonderful and we are going to bond over cooking!"

"Cooking?"

"Yes cooking, that's what I said. Your mum was an excellent cook and I...well I'm horrid but we can see who you get your cooking skills from. Now," he opens a cabinet to pull out another apron. This time lime green with the same words on it. "put this on."

"Are you serious?" Before I can take the words back he says with the biggest smile.

"Who else would I be?"