Chapter 69

*Unedited*
Eva's POV
The weeks blur by as more homework is piled on for each class and between classes, apparation lessons, and D.A. it feels like I never get a break. It takes two more lessons, but I finally successfully apparate into a hoop without splinching. As the lessons go on, my stomach slowly becomes less upset after each apparation.

D.A. becomes even more enjoyable when we start to practice patronus's. Luna's hare prances around Kala as she attempts to create hers. "Expecto Patronum! Expecto Patronum! It's not working!"

"Take a deep breath and wait a second. Then try again," Luna rubs Kala's back before producing another hare. Near me Fred and George's magpies circle each other, playfully pecking at one another.

"Give it a go," Fred nudges me.

A take a deep breath and focus on a memory.

The smell of burnt sandwiches fills Grimmauld Place.

"This is like the tenth sandwich we've tried to make and we still burnt it!" Sirius sighs loudly.

"Guess we know where I got my cooking skills from," I smirk at him.

"Hey! You grew up in the Muggle world with no magic! I...well I grew up with a house elf so I've never even cooked with magic, let alone without it!" During our little argument we don't hear the front door open.

"Bloody hell what died in here!" Fred gasps covering his nose. George and Ron who also walked in hold the same disgusted look on their faces.

"Shut it Fred. We're trying to cook." The three Weasley's burst out laughing.

"Fine," Sirius says throwing his apron off. "I'd like to see one of you do better. AND without magic." The laughter dies from their throats.

"Continue on," George motions.

"Expecto Patronum!" A black swan flows out of my wand, making its way towards the twins patronuses. My focus is completely on the swan until a loud noise breaks my concentration.

"Harry Potter, sir..." a small house elf, one less wrinkly than Kreacher hovers at the entrance. "Dobby has come to warn you...the house-elves say not to." He throws himself straight at the wall over and over again until Harry stops him.

"What's wrong Dobby?"

"She...she..." his lips tremble.

"Umbridge?" Harry gasps horrified as Dobby nods. "Has she-is she coming?"

Dobby shakes his head up and down violently.

"Well what are you waiting for!" Harry yells at all of us frozen in place. "RUN!"

We all take off at once, running in different directions. As I reach the door and are about to run to the bathroom, Fred grabs my hand and starts pulling me with him and George. "What are you-"

"We have to get out of here. It'll be suspicious if we're in the area." As we're about to turn the corner a spell shoots right past my shoulder. A younger Slytherin girl with short black hair holds her wand out.

"Got you. Stupefy!"

"Protego Maxima!" A shield forms around the three of us and the spell bounces off. The girl opens her mouth to call out another spell but George beats her to it.

"Petrificus Totalus!" The Slytherin falls to the floor, frozen. "Let's go!" We're able to make it back to the Gryffindor common room with no other interruptions. After sending an owl to both the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs, we find out that all but one person made it back. The rest of the Gryffindors slowly trickle in until the one person not back is Harry and Marietta.

"Who is Marietta?" Ron asks.

"A Ravenclaw girl in my year. She's friends with Cho."

"Should we go help Harry?" Hermione asks nervously.

"I don't know how we can," a Gryffindor named Dean says. "Umbridge will probably just give him a bunch of detentions. I mean she can't expel him...right?" Everyone just whispers nervously to their friends. As time goes on more and more people start to head up to their dorms until Fred and I are the few left.

"I think it's safe to go back to my common room now."

"No, don't," Fred mumbles half asleep already. "Stay with me tonight."

"Where?"

"In my bed of course." Before I can protest, Fred already got up and starts pulling me up the stairs. When we get to his dorm I get a wave of nostalgia from 4th year.

"Hey Fred were-oh hello Eva," Lee smirks as he sees me.

"Shut it, both of you."

"I didn't say anything," George says throwing his hands up. "But do be quiet please." I shoot him a death glare as Fred pulls me into his small bed. Our bodies press against one another and Fred puts his arm around my waist.

"G'night Ev," he whispers into my hair.

"Goodnight Freddie."

The next day news of Umbridge now being the Headmistress spreads like wildfire. Rumors of Fudge sprouting a pumpkin head and Dumbledore killing an Auror are spread throughout the houses, but no one seems to know the truth about how Dumbledore disappeared after being arrested.

I leaning against the post outside the greenhouse, waiting for Fred and George to finish up class. "Look who waited up for us Freddie," George says walking out of the greenhouse with a few other students. "Skipping class Eva?"

"Of course not. I just don't have one right now."

"So Ev," Fred comes up on the other side of me as the three of us walk along the corridor. "We've been thinking, since Dumbledore is no longer here as a service to him...it's time to cause Umbridge a little mayhem."

"Are you sure? What if she expels you two-"

"So? We the store in Diagon Alley is for sale now and we're going to buy it."

"Wait-you're leaving?" I stop walking and stare in horror at Fred.

"Well not yet but-"

"Hey! You three!" We turn to see an older Slytherin boy running towards us. "No loitering in the halls. As a member of the Inquisitorial Squad I'm going to dock each of you fifteen-" Before he could get the words out the twins grabbed him and threw him into a cabinet.

"Bye Montague. Have fun in the Vanishing Cabinet!" Fred slams the door closed.

"Come on Freddie," George waves, "we have some fireworks to set off.

"We'll talk later," Fred says before running off with his twin, leaving me alone.