Chapter 17

"Oh hell."

"Oh hell is right Jackson! First you leave me and Luna at Hogsmeade, then you don't come back to the dorm for the night! Then you don't even bother to show up for almost the rest of the day to just "hey guys I'm not dead". I know I'm new to our little group, but you've barely been here this whole year!"

I hadn't realized that I was trembling until I try to speak. "K-kala please come back," the fuming girl doesn't listen to me as she storms off leaving Luna, who looked on the verge of tears herself. "Luna please-I'm-I'm sorry I didn't mean to..."

Her voice was soft and gentle compared to Kala but her words cut into me all the same. "I know you have it hard Eva, but you always seem to ditch us. For the Gryffindors or whoever else. Maybe...maybe we should just take a break right now."

As my two best friends walked away from me I painfully realized that we were right in front of the Great Hall for everyone to see. I quickly bolt from the spot, tears streaming down my face, and run until I find a small corner to cry in.

It seemed like days I sat there while the salty tears left my eyes.

"Ev?"

"Go away Fred."

But the ginger didn't listen to me as he and his gangly limbs curled up next to me.

"No! Please Fred just go away." I try to stand up to move somewhere else, but he easily grabs my weak arms and pulls me into a slight hug.

As I sob into his robes he just whispers over and over again, "It's okay. It's okay."

If I hadn't just lost my two best friends my two intimate moments with Fred would have been clouding my mind. Instead, I spent my time distracting myself with other things, like visiting Harry in the hospital wing after his fall out with the Dementors. Or by meeting up with Sirius or Remus.

But as the weeks went on and Kala and Luna (well mostly Kala)still refused to talk to me, my mood got worse. I started to avoid everyone, except when I had plans to meet with Sirius, and my grades started plummeting horribly. The twins, Ron, Harry and even Hermione, who barely talked to me, tried their best to cheer me up but nothing worked.

As the days blurred by soon it was Christmas break and most people, like Luna and Kala, were heading back home. Since the Weasley's were staying back this year so was I.

After the Kala and Luna's wordless departure from our dorm, I was left in the Gryffindor common room bummed out as always.

"Ev. Eva. Hellooo?" I was shook out of my thoughts by Fred and George looming over me with bottles of Firewhiskey. "We can't have you spending the holidays all gloomy."

Before I could open my mouth to protest George grabs my arms quite violently and drags me over to where the rest of the Weasley's, minus Percy, Harry and Hermione sat around together.

"Drink up," George nudges me. Ron stands up to try and get a cup himself, but George blocks him. "Not for the little ones," he tuts. He hands me a bottle for myself, and I hesitantly take a drink. After a few long sips of the burning liquid it started to go down easier and almost an hour later, I start to feel lighter.

"We should dance!" the words were out of my mouth before I could even process them. "H-hiccup-ermione I'm sure you know a spell for some music." They all looked dumbfounded at me not being in a sour mood for the first time in months.

"Hermione a little faster with the spell darling. Must you all be gloomy? Come on you look like me from the last few weeks." The younger girl let out a loud sigh and mutters the spell, creating a small radio playing Christmas music.

"What's this rubbish?" George muttered into his drink.

"Muggle Christmas songs. Now why isn't anyone dancing?" No one moved a muscle making slightly drunk me take action. I grab, a little too tightly, Harry's skinny arm and pull him to an open area of the common room.

"I-I don't know how to dance," he whispers into my ear.

"I doesn't really matter," I roll my eyes while everyone watches us awkwardly sway, "Well come on then start dancing. Ron ask Hermione and don't give any of that cat and rat crap. Plus it's pretty obvious you fancy her."

Ron's face turned as red as his hair while he started to stutter out random words. "I-how-no-what."

"I like drunk Eva," the twins laugh, while everyone except Hermione laugh at Ron's awkwardness.

"Hey Harry," I whisper yell into his ear, "go dance with Ginny."

"What-" before he could react I yelled out "Ginny" and sent Harry flying her way. I snatch up the Firewhiskey bottle I had set down earlier and clumsily walk over to the twins.

"What the bloody hell are you doing Ev?"

"Matchmaking," I say pointing towards Ron and Hermione sort of dancing and Ginny showing Harry how to. I take another swig of the bottle and realize it's empty.

George let out a loud snort and starts to walk away, "I'm getting more Firewhiskey."

While George stumbles a little up the stairs Fred holds his hand out. "Want to dance? Well without the bottle."

The butterflies made another appearance as I set the bottle down and let him take my hand. We move to a corner with no chairs and start to sway to the Christmas Carols.

"Guess you're feeling better huh?"

I don't answer for a while as we continue to sway clumsily to the music. The smell of his jumper and the Firewhiskey on his breathe slowed my hammering heart as I barely whispered.

"Fred..."

Standing on my toes I push my mouth against his. He slowly kissed back and the bliss of the moment lasted for an eternity and a second all at once. Until he pulled away.