Chapter 34

"How do you know Victor Krum?" both George and Fred say at the same time.

"Yes how?" adds Kala to the twins question.

"I don't," I try and shrug it off, "Apparently Remus does, and last year I had him help me get the broomstick signed."

"WHAT!" the twins voice travelled across the entire hall making many turn towards us.

"You didn't get me one?" frowns Fred, giving me his best puppy dog eyes.

"Or me?" adds George.

"Sorry boys, but I only got it for Kala," I say wrapping my arm her, "It makes an amazing apology gift."

Kala smirks at the twins while they scowl back at her, "It's the only time I'll allow my forgiveness to be bought."

"Yeah, it's what I do best. Go around buying my friends' love with my hundreds of galleons."

"Off to bed everyone!" Dumbledore calls, interrupting Fred's snarky reply.

As we all start to get up Fred wraps his arm around me, "Make sure to wake up early tomorrow. George and I are going to put our names in the Goblet of Fire."

I will my heart to stop pounding so loud, and try to focus on keeping my voice even. "I thought Lee was going to enter too-"

"Decided not to," I jump slightly as Lee pops up on my other side, "but it'll be bloody hilarious to watch it fail."

"It's not going to fail-" George starts.

"I'm definitely coming then," I ignore the twins, as Lee and I share a knowing smirk. The three of us break off from the Gryffindors, and head up to our dorm for the night.

"Kala. Kala," I shake the bundle of limbs and blankets next morning, but she doesn't respond.

"She's not going to get up this early, especially with no Quidditch this year," Luna laughs quietly from across the room. "I'm guessing her and Laurie are both going to want to sleep in, so do you want to just head down ourselves?"

"Yeah," I yawn back in response. Luna and I slowly make our way down stairs in a sleepy daze. Just as we move our way into the hall, Lee and the twins come running in.

"We've done it," Fred announces to everyone. "Just taken it."

I scoff and move near Lee while Fred and George explain to the Golden Trio. "Do you really think it's going to work?"

"I don't know," he shrugs and then raises his voice, "We're going to split the thousand Galleons between the three of us if one of us wins."

Hermione starts to protest, but they both wave her off with confidence. Fred jumps over the line surrounding the goblet, and when nothing happens, George joins his twin over the line. The two start to yell triumphantly at there success, but it was too early. Suddenly, two blue streaks shoot them out of the Goblet's circle. They lay on the floor with long, white beards growing rapidly. Everyone breaks out laughing, just as Dumbledore walks in, looking deeply amused himself.

"I did warn you." He chuckles, before hustling them off to Madam Pomfrey, with Lee laughing manically in tow.

Luna and I stay there only a little longer, watching as Angelina and a few others throw their name. But it quickly gets boring, and we move back to our dorms after breakfast, to find Kala rolling out of bed. "With no Quidditch this year, I finally get to catch up on sleep."

The three of us- well, Kala and I- catch up on studying for our O.W.L.S, while Luna has her nose deep in an Magical Creatures book. The comfortable silence of occasional scribbling of quills or a page turning falls over our dorm, as we wait for the exciting results of tonight.

"Who do you think it's going to be?" asks Kala, as we settle into the Ravenclaw table, with the Beauxbatons right next to us, "I didn't get to see any of the people submitting their names."

"I don't know," I say looking at the headmasters and two new men talking among themselves.

"Well whoever it is, I hope they all do well," Luna smiles at us.

"Hopefully not Cedric though," Laurie grumbles sitting besides me. She ignores Kala's eyes burning a hole in her soul.

"The Goblet is ready to make its decision," Dumbledore announces. "It should only take a minute more." The whole hall falls silent in anticipation of who the first name to pop out of the Goblet would be. Suddenly, the flames of the Goblet turn bright red and spit out a piece of parchment.

"The champion of Durmstrang is Victor Krum!" I look over at the Slytherin table to to see everyone cheering loudly, except Victor's brother, Ivan. Victor makes his way up to the staff's table, shaking each person's hand, before disappearing in the back.

Everyone goes silent again, as we wait for the next champion to be chosen. A minute later, the Goblet flew red again, and another parchment flew out. "For Beauxbatons it is Fleur Delacour!" There are a lot of cheers from the Hogwarts students, and more polite claps from the students of Beauxbaton. The other students who had entered were weeping loudly, as Fleur disappeared behind Victor.

Then for the last time the Goblet glowed, and out came the last piece of parchment. "Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!"

Next to me Laurie groans in annoyance while the Hufflepuff table roars in pride of one of their students being the Triwizard champion.

"Excellent!" starts Dumbledore. "We now have our three champions! Make sure to give each one your full support-"

The Headmaster stops his speech to look at the burning red Goblet. We all gasp as two other pieces of parchment fly out. Dumbledore mutters quietly to himself, before speaking again.

"Harry Potter! Harry Potter and Eva Black!"

Here we go guys!