Chapter 56

Fred's POV

When I came into her room after the meeting she was asleep. Or at least as far as I could tell, Eva is a pretty good fake sleeper. I crawl into bed with her anyways, even though it pained me to hear the screams of her nightmares at night, I had to be there. To help make the pain a little more bearable.

I also knew that as much pain she felt in that graveyard and every night, that having the feeling of Sirius pick Harry over her was worse. She had a horrible father figure in the past and no mother figure at all. Now her real father was picking someone that wasn't even his own son over her. I knew that she wouldn't leave her room for a while.

And I was right. For the next few days, Eva didn't leave her bed. I brought food up every meal to make sure she didn't starve and stayed there every night. I had constantly tried talking to her but she didn't say a word. So I knew I had to talk to the other Black first.

I pull Sirius aside while everyone is busy cleaning the grimy, old house we're stuck in. "You need to talk to her."

He looks me dead in the eye, which honestly is really scary, and says. "I've allowed you to sleep with my daughter without saying a word. I haven't threatened you at all-"

"With all due respect Si-sir," I hope he doesn't kill me for cutting him off. "Your not going to make me sleep in my own room because you know I'm sleep with her at night for her own good. When she's...having nightmares I'm there to help her."

We both stare at each other for a while before he says lowly. "I suppose I am the adult here. So, I won't do anything rash. But, if you ever hurt Eva I will not hesitate to kill you."

"O-okay. Got it." As Sirius walks off I hear laughter from the door behind me.

"Surprised you didn't die from fear on the spot," my little sister opens the door from her hiding spot.

"Shut it Ginny. Go snog Harry. Oh wait! You can't-" she raises her broom from cleaning and proceeds to whack me on the head until I apparate away.

Eva's POV

I don't open my eyes as my door opens. I just assume it's Fred again, trying to get me out of bed.

"Eva." I can't stop my head from whipping up to see Sirius standing at the door. I hadn't expected him at all.

"What?" I say roughly.

"I've come to apologize." With the beaten down puppy look on his face, I can't help it, I laugh. "Eva, I-" I cut him off with my low laughter again, making anger spread across his face.

"Fine you don't have to say anything," Sirius interrupts loudly, "I'll do the talking. First of all I've been a bit childish about avoiding you, seeing as I'm your parent I should have ended this...fight sooner. Secondly, I want to know I wasn't choosing Harry over you and I never will. I love both of you equally, but you are my chil-"

"How come I wasn't allowed in the meeting than? I'll be 17 in January."

"Because I want to protect you. More than anything I want you away from all this. I can't loose you like with..."

"With my mother." I sit up now interested. "You've never talked about her."

"Her name was Marie," Sirius starts quietly, "She was a Muggle, but one of the most interesting ones I've ever met. I didn't know her for never long honestly, but I did love her."His smile grew big. "I never did tell you the story about your name. In my family it is tradition to name your child after stars or constellations. Though I hated my family, I wanted to continue the tradition. Columba Marie Black. That's what I wanted to name you but," he let out a loud laugh, "Marie hated that name. Wanted to name you Eva after a joke her and...what was her name? Annabelle I believe. After she p-passed, I decided to keep the name she chose."

"J-john never did tell me, my middle name," I say trying not to think of him.

"Eva Columba Marie Black." He walks up to me and grabs my arm, yanking me up. "I will always love you Eva. And I will always be here to protect you from the dangers of this world, no matter what you think of me."

We both smile at each other. "Now, go help clean, this is your house after all and you've barely helped. That boyfriend of yours has done more work than you."

It is the day of Harry's trial and everyone seems to be on edge. Harry and Arthur had left a few hours ago, as well as Tonks to get some sleep, and it causes silence all throughout the house. Ron and Hermione are busy talking among themselves, hidden away in the corner. Fred and George were tucked away in their room, working more on their joke shop with the money Harry and I had given them. Leaving Ginny, Molly, Sirius, Remus, and I in the kitchen to pace anxiously.

Harry and Arthur arrive what seems like a life time later with big smiles on their faces. Harry had gotten off free of charges. This made Fred, George, and Ginny parade around the house yelling, "HE GOT OFF! HE GOT OFF!" over and over again. Even though the noise causes Walburga to scream, I couldn't help but to laugh along with everyone else. With the laughter, smell of food, and conversations surrounding me, for the first time since the graveyard I feel lighter. Happier.

But I knew it wouldn't last long.