Chapter 50

February blended into March and soon it was time for another Hogsmeade visit. My workload was higher than ever for the up coming O.W.L.S, leaving me unable to spend much time outside of studying. But luckily Fred didn't seem to mind too much with all the products him and George had been creating.

But today was an exception. Lee and Ivan had agreed to come with George, Fred, Luna, Kala and I to Hogsmeade.

Us three Ravenclaw's decide to meet the Gryffindors at the Three Broomsticks and grab a carriage, only to be joined by the Golden Trio.

"Oh hello you three." Luna nods politely.

"Hello Loo-Luna." Kala shoots daggers at Hermione's almost slip up but the young blonde didn't seem to notice.

"Where are you three off to in a hurry?" Luna asks making the three slightly uncomfortable.

"We're going to meet S-" starts Ron.

"Seamus. He and Dean have something to show us," Harry cuts off quickly not meeting my eye. I tilt my head slightly, trying to figure out why Harry looks so guilt but nothing comes to mind. So, instead we all let uncomfortable silence fall over the carriage.

The rest of the ride stays silent and when reaching Hogsmeade we all get out without saying goodbyes. Surprisingly, when we enter the Three Broomsticks the three older Gryffindors (plus Ivan) are already there.

"Kala, Luna, Eva!" Ivan waves us over to the long table, clearing holding Lee's hand on top of the table and looking happier than ever.

"When did he ask you?" I ask Ivan immediately, looking straight into his eyes.

"Three days ago," I stick out my hand as Ivan sighs and pulls out a Knut. Out of the corner of my eye I notice Kala handing some money over to Luna and Fred doing the same to George.

"W-what? You all bet on our relationship?" gasps Lee, expression unreadable.

"Ivan and I bet on when you would finally ask her," I shrug while Lee gasps at his new boyfriend.

"We bet on if you would ever actually ask her out," the twins say at the same time.

"Same with us," adds Kala. We all start laughing as Lee looks amused and annoyed at the same time.

"Shut it. All of you," he mumbles into his cup of Butterbeer while Ivan throws an arm around him, laughing along with us.

Harry's POV

As the three of us all trudge down the mountain I can't help but to feel relief at Sirius' guidance, but also guilt.

"Where's Eva? She didn't want to come?" Was the first thing out of my godfathers mouth.

He had asked those questions quite a few times making me feel guiltier each time. I had just wanted to talk to Sirius alone about the tournament and everything that had happened. Well, as alone as I could be with Hermione and Ron not so far away. If Eva was there we wouldn't have talked much about the important things. He would have asked her about Fred, and how she was doing in the tournament and the Ball. It was selfish, but I need Sirius. I need that parental figure, the guidance.

Eva's POV

It wasn't until a few days after the Hogsmeade visit that I learned of Harry's lie. Ivan and I were going to the Gryffindor common room to find the twins and Lee when we heard them. Naturally Fred had told me the password already so the two of us walked in. As we maneuvered past all the furniture I heard Ron.

"-Harry, Sirius looked fine when we saw him. Yes he has to live off scraps but-"

"What did you just say?" I say stalking over to the three younger Gryffindors, not wasting a second.

"W-what? Oh Eva we were just talking about-"

"My father." I hiss lowly so no one else can hear us. "First of all you shouldn't say his name so loud and-"

"It was an accident Eva," Ron interrupts.

"I'm not finished, Ronald. Secondly I'd like to say thank you for inviting me to your little meeting and lying straight to my face."

I was fuming at the three. "Eva we didn't mean to-"

"No Hermione. I want to hear Harry's answer. Obviously, it was Harry who didn't want to tell me."

Our blue and green eyes meet, neither of us breaking the contact. "I needed to talk to him about important things. You would only get in the way-"

I cut Harry off before he could finish. "He is my father. You don't get to decide weather or not I see him. Now I see why you are hated as much as you're loved. Merlin, you're prat who acts like a jealous five year old!"

Harry loses his cool. "I'm not a prat, I just know when important things need to be discussed. Not Balls and dates!"

Ron, Hermione and Ivan can feel the tension and move to pull the two apart before any more words can be shared.

As Ivan gently starts to move me out of the common room I yell back. "You know I thought we could've become family, but I guess not!"

I can hear the trio arguing as Ivan struggles to pull me out of the common room. "What the bloody hell was that Eva?"

"You have no right to talk to me like that. This is the third time I've seen you since the Yule Ball, and you're off with Lee. Then you show up and try to-"

"I'm sorry that I want to hang out with other people! I can't just be with you all the time!" We both stare at each other, obvious that both our anger wasn't towards each other.

"You're right. You can have other friends, sorry. Can...can you just tell Fred I can't make it right now. I'm going for a walk."

The brown haired boy just nods and re-enters the common room leaving me to my self. As I start to walk away, doubt starts to cloud my mind. Did Sirius even want to talk to me? He has barely been sending me letters and talking to Harry more obviously. A small part of me denies my thoughts, but that part of me got smaller each day.